Telerik Forums
UI for WPF Forum
1 answer
146 views
Hi,

I'm evaluating Telerik Radcontrols for WPF to see how easy it is get done everything UX guys can think of. Now I have the following case in my hands:

I need to have an extending menu that has default mode of showing 30px column of icons by default. End user can click on a button to make the menu expand, showing icons and text. I suppose this can be done with expander quite easily.

The thing is that the expander needs to be placed inside a split container, and the split container needs to expand with the expander, quite as smoothly. In practice, I guess I would have to animate the split container, in sync with the expander animation. Is there an easy way to do this?

Br,

:^Panu>
Viktor Tsvetkov
Telerik team
 answered on 11 May 2012
5 answers
257 views
In our project, we have to achieve the "zebra" effect for the rows of the grid. This effect means that odd rows are one color (e.g. Red) and the even rows are other color (e.g. Blue). For WinForms I found the solution (http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/winforms/themes-and-visual-style-builder/radgridview-row-color.aspx) but I think for WPF it cannot be done in the same way, because EnableAlternatingRowColor  is missing. Can you give me a solution?

Best Regards,
Lazar Sestrimski

LaZeTo
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 11 May 2012
1 answer
236 views

How does one grab the binding in order to force an update on a RadComboBox control?

MyRadComboBox.ItemsSource = MyObservableCollectionOfACustomClass;
MyRadComboBox.DisplayMemberPath = "Description";



Then, I try to grab the binding in a different control's event.

var binding = BindingOperations.GetBindingExpression(MyRadComboBox, RadComboBox.ItemsSourceProperty);

 

if (binding == null) return;  // This is always null

 

binding.UpdateTarget();

Georgi
Telerik team
 answered on 11 May 2012
1 answer
156 views
Hello,

how can i use KeyGestures from the RoutedUICommands with RadMenuItems?

best regards
Ivo
Telerik team
 answered on 10 May 2012
1 answer
183 views
When I persist a control in WPF, should I be able to unpersist it into Silverlight?

I expect the answer to be "it depends".  What controls are cross-compatible; if any?

Also, do you have an example where a control is persisted to XML then re-hydrated back to the control?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Petar Mladenov
Telerik team
 answered on 10 May 2012
4 answers
89 views
Hi there,

I'm trying to style the property grid chrome, but whenever I drag a  <telerik:PropertyGridField/> to the design view, I get a red box error (see attached).

Could someone give me the XAML of the default style & template so I can edit without adding a PropertyGridField control?

Many thanks

Felix
felix
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 10 May 2012
4 answers
270 views
Hello,

I am using a telerik:RadGridView with is bound to a collection.

In a column of have the following CellStyleSelector 

<telerik:GridViewDataColumn.CellStyleSelector>
                        <telerik:ConditionalStyleSelector>
                            <telerik:StyleRule Condition="Name= 'N/A'">
                                <telerik:StyleRule.Style>
                                    <Style TargetType="telerik:GridViewCell">
                                        <Setter Property="IsEnabled" Value="False"  />
                                    </Style>
                                </telerik:StyleRule.Style>
                            </telerik:StyleRule>
                        </telerik:ConditionalStyleSelector>
                    </telerik:GridViewDataColumn.CellStyleSelector>

This works perfectly for me. However I want this CellStyleSelector on every column expect the Name column.

Is it possible to add a CellStyleSelector as a XAML resource so I can reuse it.

e.g

<telerik:GridViewDataColumn CellStyleSelector="{StaticResource MySelector}" Name="colage" Width="50" Header="Age" DataMemberBinding="{Binding Age, Mode=TwoWay}" />

 I am aware I could create a style selector class but i would prefer to keep it all in the XAML



Stu
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 10 May 2012
1 answer
117 views
Has anyone tried to put line numbers down the side of a document? Just like what you get with a code compiler.

Thanks,

Rob
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 10 May 2012
2 answers
247 views
Hi,

Is it possible to set the AutoComplete text programmatically?

I have the following ListBox:
<telerik:RadListBox MinWidth="100" MaxHeight="250" x:Name="radListBox"
                    Grid.ColumnSpan="2" Visibility="Collapsed"
                    HorizontalAlignment="Left" VerticalAlignment="Top"
                    CanAutocompleteSelectItems="True" IsTextSearchEnabled="True" TextSearchMode="Contains" TextPath="Name"
                    ItemTemplate="{StaticResource AutoCompleteListBoxTemplate}"
                    ItemsSource="{Binding autoCompleteListItems}"
                    MouseDoubleClick="radListBox_MouseDoubleClick" MouseUp="radListBox_MouseUp">
    <telerik:RadListBox.Effect>
        <DropShadowEffect ShadowDepth="10" Color="Gray" Opacity=".4" Direction="320" RenderingBias="Performance" />
    </telerik:RadListBox.Effect>
</telerik:RadListBox>

The ListBox uses this template:
<DataTemplate x:Key="AutoCompleteListBoxTemplate">
<Grid>
<Grid.ColumnDefinitions>
<ColumnDefinition />
<ColumnDefinition />
<ColumnDefinition />
</Grid.ColumnDefinitions>
<Image Style="{StaticResource AutoCompleteListBoxIcon}" Width="10" Height="10" Margin="0,0,10,0" />
<TextBlock Text="{Binding Name}" Grid.Column="1" HorizontalAlignment="Stretch" />
<TextBlock Text="" Grid.Column="2" HorizontalAlignment="Right" Margin="5,0,5,0" />
</Grid>
</DataTemplate>


I set the ItemsSource in code behind:
private void radRichTextBox_Loaded(object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
{
    //Set Autocomplete ListBox itemssource
    radListBox.ItemsSource = autoCompleteListItems;
}


The documentation does state the following:
RadListBox has full autocomplete support - while the control is focused, you can type certain keys and the listbox will select the relative match for the currently typed text. 

I'm building a RichTextBox Intellisense application, thus the ListBox is the Intellisense. The application is setup to always send focus back to the RichTextBox so that the user can continue typing.

Is it possible to set the ListBox AutoComplete text in code behind? i.e. when the user types text in the RadRichText box, the text they type is used to set AutoComplete the ListBox.

I've tried setting the TypedText property:
listBox.TypedText = "He";

However this doesn't seem to do anything.

Thank you very much,

Rob



Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 10 May 2012
1 answer
170 views
Hi,
  I tried to put two lines in header. The first page´s header its ok when i print it, but the next pages the header changes like this:

first page´s header: 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Title
                                                                                                      date
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

next page´s header:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
date
                                                                                                      Title
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


This is the code:
RadDocument headerDoc = new RadDocument();
RadDocument footerDoc = new RadDocument();
 
Section hSection = new Section();
hSection.PageOrientation = PageOrientation.Landscape;
 
headerDoc.DefaultPageLayoutSettings = new PageLayoutSettings(PaperTypes.A4);
headerDoc.SectionDefaultPageOrientation = PageOrientation.Landscape;
headerDoc.Sections.Add(hSection);
headerDoc.SectionDefaultPageMargin = new Telerik.Windows.Documents.Layout.Padding(5, 5, 5, 5);
 
Paragraph hparagraph = new Paragraph();
hSection.Blocks.Add(hparagraph);
 
Span hspan = new Span("Title");
hspan.FontSize = 20;
if (!string.IsNullOrEmpty("Title"))
    hparagraph.Inlines.Add(hspan);
 
Paragraph h2paragraph = new Paragraph();
h2paragraph.TextAlignment = RadTextAlignment.Right;
hSection.Blocks.Add(h2paragraph);
var fecha = DateTime.Now;
Span h2span = new Span(fecha.ToString());
h2span.FontSize = 10;
h2paragraph.Inlines.Add(h2span);
 
Section fSection = new Section();
fSection.PageOrientation = PageOrientation.Landscape;
 
footerDoc.DefaultPageLayoutSettings = new PageLayoutSettings(PaperTypes.A4);
footerDoc.SectionDefaultPageOrientation = PageOrientation.Landscape;
footerDoc.Sections.Add(fSection);
footerDoc.SectionDefaultPageMargin = new Telerik.Windows.Documents.Layout.Padding(5, 5, 5, 5);
 
Paragraph fparagraph = new Paragraph();
fSection.Blocks.Add(fparagraph);
 
Span fspan = new Span("Footer");
fspan.FontSize = 30;
if(!string.IsNullOrEmpty("Footer"))
    fparagraph.Inlines.Add(fspan);
 
Header header = new Header();
Footer footer = new Footer();
header.Body = headerDoc;
footer.Body = footerDoc;
 
Section section = new Section();
section.PageOrientation = PageOrientation.Landscape;
section.Headers.Default = header;
section.Footers.Default = footer;
 
return section;


Thank you, for your service.
Alex
Telerik team
 answered on 10 May 2012
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Chart
RichTextBox
Docking
ScheduleView
ChartView
TreeView
Diagram
Map
ComboBox
TreeListView
Window
RibbonView and RibbonWindow
PropertyGrid
DragAndDrop
TabControl
TileView
Carousel
DataForm
PDFViewer
MaskedInput (Numeric, DateTime, Text, Currency)
AutoCompleteBox
DatePicker
Buttons
ListBox
GanttView
PivotGrid
Spreadsheet
Gauges
NumericUpDown
PanelBar
DateTimePicker
DataFilter
Menu
ContextMenu
TimeLine
Calendar
Installer and Visual Studio Extensions
ImageEditor
BusyIndicator
Expander
Slider
TileList
DataPager
PersistenceFramework
Styling
TimeBar
OutlookBar
TransitionControl
FileDialogs
Book
ToolBar
ColorPicker
TimePicker
MultiColumnComboBox
SyntaxEditor
VirtualGrid
NavigationView (Hamburger Menu)
Wizard
ExpressionEditor
WatermarkTextBox
DesktopAlert
BarCode
SpellChecker
DataServiceDataSource
EntityFrameworkDataSource
RadialMenu
ChartView3D
Data Virtualization
BreadCrumb
LayoutControl
ProgressBar
Sparkline
TabbedWindow
ToolTip
CloudUpload
ColorEditor
TreeMap and PivotMap
EntityFrameworkCoreDataSource (.Net Core)
HeatMap
Chat (Conversational UI)
VirtualizingWrapPanel
Calculator
NotifyIcon
TaskBoard
TimeSpanPicker
BulletGraph
Licensing
WebCam
CardView
DataBar
FilePathPicker
Callout
PasswordBox
SplashScreen
Localization
Rating
Accessibility
CollectionNavigator
AutoSuggestBox
Security
VirtualKeyboard
HighlightTextBlock
TouchManager
StepProgressBar
Badge
OfficeNavigationBar
ExpressionParser
CircularProgressBar
SvgImage
PipsPager
SlideView
AI Coding Assistant
InlineAIAssistant
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?