Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
1 answer
274 views
Hi

I'm working with radtreeview and have nodes with long names (see the picture). When i click on such nodes radtreeview make horizontal autoscrolling and do not showing the tooltip. How can i disable autoscrolling (but scroller must be visible) and show tooltip for such items with its text). I set property ShowItemTooltip to TRUE, but tooltip is not showing.

Thanks.
 
⇄
English (auto-detected) » Russian
 
George
Telerik team
 answered on 20 May 2014
1 answer
76 views
I am using rad controls for winforms Q3 2010 and as per the requirement, there are two childs (same level and placed horizontally) for the parent.  
When I expand the parent if first child has records to display those are getting displayed but if there is no data in second child and when I clicks on the second child and coming back to first child I can't see any data (though it has...I have to scroll the mouse to see the data) and if both child's having data no issues.

Screen shots attached....
Could you please help me to resolve the issue....Thanks in advance


Praveen.
George
Telerik team
 answered on 19 May 2014
4 answers
203 views
Why can't I see the Metro theme applied to a Rad form in Visual Studio 2013. Is this expected?
Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 19 May 2014
1 answer
140 views
Hi ,

I was developed custom cell for web browser and every things work fine but one more problem happened and I can not find solution for it .

The problem was when scrolling , the custom cell come over the the column header , please the picture in attached .

class WebBrowserCellElement : GridDataCellElement
        {
            public WebBrowserCellElement(GridViewColumn column, GridRowElement row) : base(column, row) { }
 
            RadWebBrowserElement radWebBrowserElement;
 
            protected override SizeF ArrangeOverride(SizeF finalSize)
            {
                if (this.Children.Count == 1)
                {
                    RectangleF browserrRect = new RectangleF(5, 5, finalSize.Width - 6, finalSize.Height - 10);
 
                    this.Children[0].Arrange(browserrRect);
                }
              
                return finalSize;
            }
 
            protected override void CreateChildElements()
            {
                base.CreateChildElements();
 
                 radWebBrowserElement = new  RadWebBrowserElement();
 
                this.Children.Add(radWebBrowserElement);
            }
            
 
            protected override void SetContentCore(object value)
            {
                if (this.Value != null && this.Value != DBNull.Value)
                {
                    radWebBrowserElement.DocumentText = this.Value.ToString();
                }
            }
 
             
            protected override Type ThemeEffectiveType
            {
                get
                {
                    return typeof(GridDataCellElement);
                }
            }
 
            public override bool IsCompatible(GridViewColumn data, object context)
            {
                return data is WebBrowserColumn && context is GridDataRowElement;
            }
 
        }
         
        public class WebBrowserColumn : GridViewDataColumn
        {
            public WebBrowserColumn(string fieldName)
                : base(fieldName)
            {
               
            }
 
             
 
            public override Type GetCellType(GridViewRowInfo row)
            {
 
                if (row is GridViewDataRowInfo)
                {
                    return typeof(WebBrowserCellElement);
                }
                return base.GetCellType(row);
            }
        }
Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 19 May 2014
3 answers
258 views
I am having problems with the Scheduler's ScrollToTime method not working properly. It does change the scroll position, but not far enough.

I am using the Scheduler with an ActiveViewType of Day and displaying one week of data in 15 minute increments. The combinatin of  RulerScale and in the control's size this displays about 10 hours of data. I am trying to get the control to scroll to a position that a normal work day is in the middle of the screen.

I am using ScrollToTime and it appears to be doing something, but does not scroll far enough. No matter what TimeSpan value I enter in the ScrollToTime method, it will only scroll the control forward about 2 hours.

I suspect that ScrollToTime attempts to determine how far (in actual distance) to scroll, but is possibly ignoring the RulerScale setting when calculating this value.

These are the values that I am using for the RadScheduler control:

SchedulerDayView WeekSchedulerDayView = WeekScheduler.GetDayView();
WeekSchedulerDayView.DayCount = 7;
 WeekScheduler.HeaderFormat = "dddd";

WeekSchedulerDayView.RulerScaleSize = 10;
WeekSchedulerDayView.RulerTimeFormat = RulerTimeFormat.hours12;
WeekSchedulerDayView.WorkTime.Start = TimeSpan.Parse("08:00");
WeekSchedulerDayView.WorkTime.End = TimeSpan.Parse("17:00");

WeekSchedulerDayView.RangeFactor = ScaleRange.QuarterHour;
WeekSchedulerDayView.ShowAllDayArea = false;

SchedulerDayViewElement dayViewElement = WeekScheduler.SchedulerElement.ViewElement as SchedulerDayViewElement;
if (dayViewElement != null)
{
 dayViewElement.DataAreaElement.Table.ScrollToTime(TimeSpan.Parse("18:00"));
}
Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 19 May 2014
1 answer
174 views
I have GridView with several columns:

number 1 Checkbox (called "Select all")
number 2 test line
number 3 Checkbox
number 4 Checkbox

What i want to do is once the Checkbox from the first column is selected so i want automatic select Checkbox number 3 and 4 (all the checkbox inside the row except the first of curse...)

so this is what i have try:

        private void radGridView1_RowFormatting(object sender, RowFormattingEventArgs e)
        {
            if ((bool)e.RowElement.RowInfo.Cells["Select"].Value)
            {
                e.RowElement.RowInfo.Cells["First Name"].Value = true;
                e.RowElement.RowInfo.Cells["Second Name"].Value = true;
            }
            else
            {
                e.RowElement.RowInfo.Cells["First Name"].Value = false;
                e.RowElement.RowInfo.Cells["Second Name"].Value = false;
            }
        }
the only problem that i have is once selected the first checkbox  of several rows and all checkbox selected is i want to deselect specific checkbox this also select \ deselect other rows checkbox










Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 19 May 2014
1 answer
201 views
Hello

Is it possible to copy a RadPageViewPage from one instance of an application to another? I've found a snippet for copying a RadPageViewPage between RadPageViews in the same application, but I'd like to do it between two instances of the same application. Is it possible with RadPageView?
George
Telerik team
 answered on 19 May 2014
3 answers
334 views
Hello.
I'm using RadGridView control where I use columns as dates in month like:
| 1 | 2 | 3 |...... | 31 |
I need a way to highlight 'today' column.
Thank you in advance.
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 19 May 2014
1 answer
152 views
I have two controls, an radPanel and a radLabel which is contained within the panel. 
I had hoped to set them both to use a rounded rectangle, but I wanted them to have different radius and rounded corners. 

I've been using the "Edit UI Elements" link to bring up the Element hierarchy editor to set the shape. 
I set both the panel and label to use a RoundRectShape, and then setup the radius and which corners I want to use. 

I found that no matter if I edited the panel, or the label, both of them would always take on the same shape. Looking at the designer code, it looks like the element hierarchy editor is only generating one RoundRectShape object and sharing it between whatever controls I set to use a RoundRectShape shape. I would of expected it to make a different RoundRectShape object per control. I tried providing the editor a different name for the RoundRectShape object, but it just renames any existing one. 

Not sure if this is intended or not.

Thanks, 
Ben
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 19 May 2014
2 answers
395 views
I'm attempting to create a radPanel with a rounded 3 pixel thick border. 
I would like to dynamically add radLabels to this panel, and dock them to the top, so they stack within the panel. 

I'm finding that the docked labels sit on top of the border, covering it up. I'm also finding that the docked labels remove the rounded corners. 

I realize this is because the border is drawn within the panel, but how can I get the effect I'm looking for? I want the docked labels within the border, maintaining the rounded corners. 

Attached is a screen shot of panel as it is now with an empty blue label docked across the top.
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 19 May 2014
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?