Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
5 answers
248 views

Hello,

In the provided sample project named BugsTracker, how did the textboxes in the detailPageView bind to a selected row of that bugsGrid?

I mean, there will be corresponding detail message shown in the textboxes when I select one row of bugsGrid.

How was that done?I read the codes but I couldn't find out the entry.

thanks in advance.

Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Apr 2015
1 answer
105 views

Hello,

we have a problem with option AutoDetectMdiChildren. The last created windows is not the active window, but the first

We can not use the radDock.ActiveDocument property, because the forms are not a DockWindow, it's a normal System.Windows.Forms.Form.

It is posible to set the last window as aktive window?

namespace TelerikWinFormsApp1
{
    public partial class RadForm2 : Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadForm
    {
        public RadForm2()
        {
            InitializeComponent();
            this.IsMdiContainer = true;
            this.radDock1.AutoDetectMdiChildren = true;
 
            Form1 frm = new Form1(); // this frm is aktive
            frm.MdiParent = this;
            frm.Text = "Child 1";
            frm.Show();
            frm = new Form1();
            frm.MdiParent = this;
            frm.Text = "Child 2";
            frm.Show();
            frm = new Form1(); // this form should be active
            frm.MdiParent = this;
            frm.Text = "Child 3";
            frm.Show();
        }
    }
}

Ralf
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 10 Apr 2015
3 answers
2.0K+ views
hello,
I have a grid which i wanted to group by columns (there were cell formatting on cell elements)but after removing the grouping condition , there was a problem with the index of cell elements and formatting of cell elements got messed up.

I used me.beginupdate() and me.endupdate() in a sub handling me.groupbychnaged.  grid seems to be working fine. I tried me.refresh() and it is not working.

I am wondering what is the difference between these two methods. I thought they both do updating/refreshing grid

cheers,
Hristo
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Apr 2015
3 answers
329 views
Hi,
I am wondering if there is anyway to change focus color for whole grid cells or is there any property for setting TableElement focus color?

cheers,
Hristo
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Apr 2015
1 answer
156 views
Hello! I know that there's an agenda view for the scheduler in the .ASP telerik controls, but I cannot seem to find it in the rad-winform controls. Is there a way to implement it? Thanks
Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Apr 2015
2 answers
225 views

Hi,

Is there any way to display the total number of rows contained in the data source within the paging panel? Please refer to the image attached for clues.

Todd
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 08 Apr 2015
3 answers
223 views
Hi, 

Please provide a code snippet to customize the appearance of the GridViewHyperlinkColumn cells. I'm trying to define the state of a cell based on the help topic at GridViewHyperlinkColumn Appearance.
Todd
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 08 Apr 2015
4 answers
589 views
I have an application where I need to display a small graphic and text in a single RadGridView cell.  I thought that since a RadListView can have a graphic in the first column maybe I could create a custom cell type that could contain a list view.  I can figure a lot of it out, but I can't figure out how to access and update the list view once the grid is created.  The Value options are always strings.  I am not binding data, I just want to be able to modify the values.  I attached a picture to illustrate what I've done in ASP.NET that I now need to do in WinForms.  In the ASP.NET grid it was pretty easy because it's just HTML in a cell.

I thought about using the <html> tag in the cell for the WinForms grid view, but I couldn't figure out how to put in the little graphic (in ASP.NET it's just an image tag).

I think this will be easy once I know how to do it, but I'm kind of stuck so I figured I'd ask.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Tom Serface, Rimage
Dave
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 07 Apr 2015
2 answers
237 views

hi :)

i'm a newbie to pageviews. can you please tell, how to create new tab in page views which contains elements?
ex:     when i click "Items" button it should open a new tab in pageviews with name "Add Items" <( I've done this part, working fine!)>

and it should contain, item related elements, like item name label and textbox to enter in etc... how to do this? i dont know how to put elements in newly generated tab.     

screenshot6 => radpageviewpage1 created in VS

screenshot8 => Add Item page created in run time, how define its layout? 

thanks in Advance :)

mulan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 07 Apr 2015
1 answer
102 views

Hello,

 I have been trying to find a simple sample of using the Gridview in HTMLview in Unbound mode.

 Does anyone have a sample on how to do this?

 I am trying to duplicate the screenshot within the GridView control, have found a couple of other Grid controls that allow me to do this, but already have a huge investment in this one.

 Any help, suggestions, ideas or code samples would be awesome.

 Regards,

Bryan

 

 

Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Apr 2015
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?