Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
1 answer
530 views

I want to color a PieChart I made with unique color depending on the legend.

 pieChart.Series[0].Children[0].BackColor = Color.Red;

- How can I not change the backcolor of the legend?

- How can I access the legend name with Series[0].Children[0].

Thanks

Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Jun 2015
6 answers
412 views

Hi guys,

I would disable a ComboBox that shows all TimeZones, I would set local time and prohibit to change it.

How can I do?

I attached print screen

Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Jun 2015
1 answer
224 views

Hi there,

How can i link the GanttView control with access data table? I mean how can i build the sql sentence and link to the gantt control?

This is my code below:

        Dim strSQLCa As String
        Dim dsTask As New DataSet

        strSQLCa = "SELECT ID, PARENTID, TITLE, TSTART, TEND, TPROGRESS FROM TASK ORDER BY PROJID, PARENTID, ID"

        Dim adpTC As New OleDb.OleDbDataAdapter(strSQLCa, connPRO)
        dsTask.Tables.Add("TableTask")
        adpTC.Fill(dsTask.Tables("TableTask"))

        Dim data As New DataSet()
        data.Tables.Add("Task")

        Me.RadGanttView1.GanttViewElement.TaskDataMember = "Tasks"
        Me.RadGanttView1.GanttViewElement.ChildMember = "Id"
        Me.RadGanttView1.GanttViewElement.ParentMember = "ParentId"
        Me.RadGanttView1.GanttViewElement.TitleMember = "Title"
        Me.RadGanttView1.GanttViewElement.StartMember = "Start"
        Me.RadGanttView1.GanttViewElement.EndMember = "End"
        Me.RadGanttView1.GanttViewElement.ProgressMember = "Progress"
        Me.RadGanttView1.GanttViewElement.LinkDataMember = "Links"
        Me.RadGanttView1.GanttViewElement.LinkStartMember = "StartId"
        Me.RadGanttView1.GanttViewElement.LinkEndMember = "EndId"
        Me.RadGanttView1.GanttViewElement.LinkTypeMember = "LinkType"

        Me.RadGanttView1.GanttViewElement.DataSource = dsTask.Tables("TableTask")

        Me.RadGanttView1.Columns.Add("Start")
        Me.RadGanttView1.Columns.Add("End")

 

And I'm getting the following error:

 "Child list for field Tasks cannot be created."

Please can you guys help me with this?

 

Thank you in advance.

Jorge

Hristo
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Jun 2015
11 answers
486 views

I've been working with the RadRichTextEditor control in my application. It imports and exports simple html -- as I only need things like bold, italics, centering. However, even if I set the FontFamily of the RadRichTextEditor and even the RichTextBoxElement within to Arial, it doesn't respect that when I paste in plain text from an application like Notepad. It changes the text to Verdana with a font size of 12.

 If I copy and paste text from Word, I am fine. It keeps whatever font is was in Word. 

 Additionally, if I use the keyboard and hit shift + enter to give me a single line break (</ br>), It wraps that html with a style tag with the Verdana 12 font. I don't mind the style tag, but it would be nice if it respected the current font where the cursor is.

 Any ideas?

Here is my font properties code (which is overkill, but I'm trying everything to fix this).

public void SetDefaultFontPropertiesToEditor(RadRichTextEditor editor)
        {
            editor.DocumentInheritsDefaultStyleSettings = true;
            editor.RichTextBoxElement.ChangeFontFamily(new Telerik.WinControls.RichTextEditor.UI.FontFamily("Arial"));
            editor.RichTextBoxElement.ChangeFontSize(Unit.PointToDip(10));
            editor.RichTextBoxElement.ChangeFontStyle(Telerik.WinControls.RichTextEditor.UI.FontStyles.Normal);
            editor.RichTextBoxElement.ChangeFontWeight(Telerik.WinControls.RichTextEditor.UI.FontWeights.Normal);
 
            editor.ChangeFontFamily(new Telerik.WinControls.RichTextEditor.UI.FontFamily("Arial"));
            editor.ChangeFontSize(Unit.PointToDip(10));
            editor.ChangeFontStyle(Telerik.WinControls.RichTextEditor.UI.FontStyles.Normal);
            editor.ChangeFontWeight(Telerik.WinControls.RichTextEditor.UI.FontWeights.Normal);
 
            editor.RichTextBoxElement.Document.LineSpacingType = LineSpacingType.AtLeast;
            editor.RichTextBoxElement.Document.LineSpacing = 0;
            editor.RichTextBoxElement.Document.ParagraphDefaultSpacingAfter = 0;
            editor.RichTextBoxElement.Document.ParagraphDefaultSpacingBefore = 10;
        }

Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Jun 2015
3 answers
155 views
How can i implement the behaviour that when a user edit´s a Task by moving start and end date the control only snaps every day.
Hristo
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Jun 2015
4 answers
416 views
Hello,

How do we change background color of a radlistitem in radlistbox when mouse is over that specific item programatically?
Currently we can see background color getting changed only when item is selected. Thank you.
Hristo
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Jun 2015
1 answer
109 views

Hi, 

I have a main windows form that includes a racDock with the "AutoDetectMdiChildren" to true.

I need that children MDI winform can be only docked inside the racDock area, so, I would like that the user can dock the MID child form to the top/botton/left/right but not be able to extract the windows to another independent windows outside the parent form where is the racDock control.

How can I disable that the MDI child form could be outside of the parent form?.

Thanks a lot.

Francisco

Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Jun 2015
1 answer
105 views

I am adding a simple Progress bar
When I scroll left and right, it appears elsewhere

 

See the attached images A and B (see the subject line)

 

1 is a screen which contains the text in the first row.

I transferred to scroll to the right (2 screens)

I move the scroll to the left (3 screen)

3 is different from the display screen 1 and information
(It overwrites the text the progress bar)
This is an obvious bug!

Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Jun 2015
3 answers
366 views

Hi,

I am hoping someone can help me. I am trying to implement a collapsible panel. I have done so far is set the HorizontalHeaderAlignment to the right. I have added header text and an image. I then set the horizontal stretch property to true. So, at this point I have almost achieved my goal. What I would like, is to have image and header text left justified. I can't seem to find any other properties that will help me do this. Is this doable? I have included a screenshot of what I have been able to do so far. Thanks.

Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Jun 2015
4 answers
253 views
Hello,

I'm trying to filter a RadGridView against a standard Dataset tableadapter with a SQL server DateTime field.

Some of the field values in the background table column are Null.

The datatable has the field properties set to "AllowDBNull" values, however the error I am receiving is "Invalid filter expression"

When viewing the detail exception I am seeing "Object cannot be cast from DBNull to other types".

The attached image shows the tableadapter field settings and the error dialogs.

Any ideas on how to work around this error without changing from a dataset.

Thanks in advance.
Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Jun 2015
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?