Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
5 answers
705 views
Hello,

I have pie chart and assigned a custom palette with 4 colors (red, green, orange and blue), only first fill color, no additional setting. This works well so far. I also want to display the according labels. This works also, but all the labels have the same background color as it corrensponding data point/segment. That I would like to change.
When I don't use any palette than each segement has its own color but the all the labels have white background.

Is there a way to change the background color of the labels?
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Aug 2015
6 answers
214 views
When I use the tree as MultiColumnComboBox
 The table has a relation with itself
When I click on MultiColumnComboBox the popup
  The following error occurs


radMultiColumnComboBox1.MultiColumnComboBoxElement.EditorControl.Relations.AddSelfReference(this.radMultiColumnComboBox1.MultiColumnComboBoxElement.EditorControl.MasterTemplate, "id", "parentid");
            sqlDataAdapter1.Fill(dataSet11);
            radMultiColumnComboBox1.DataSource = t1BindingSource;
            radMultiColumnComboBox1.DisplayMember = "name";
            radMultiColumnComboBox1.ValueMember = "id";
 
 
 
 
            this.radMultiColumnComboBox1.AutoFilter = true;
            this.radMultiColumnComboBox1.DisplayMember = "name";
            FilterDescriptor filter = new FilterDescriptor();
            filter.PropertyName = this.radMultiColumnComboBox1.DisplayMember;
            filter.Operator = FilterOperator.Contains;
            this.radMultiColumnComboBox1.EditorControl.MasterTemplate.FilterDescriptors.Add(filter);
sql create table
relation in id and parentid
CREATE TABLE [dbo].[T1](
    [id] [int] NOT NULL,
    [name] [nvarchar](50) COLLATE Arabic_CI_AS NULL,
    [parentid] [int] NULL,
 CONSTRAINT [PK_T1] PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED
(
    [id] ASC
)WITH (PAD_INDEX  = OFF, STATISTICS_NORECOMPUTE  = OFF, IGNORE_DUP_KEY = OFF, ALLOW_ROW_LOCKS  = ON, ALLOW_PAGE_LOCKS  = ON) ON [PRIMARY]
) ON [PRIMARY]
 
GO
ALTER TABLE [dbo].[T1]  WITH CHECK ADD  CONSTRAINT [FK_T1_T1] FOREIGN KEY([parentid])
REFERENCES [dbo].[T1] ([id])
GO
ALTER TABLE [dbo].[T1] CHECK CONSTRAINT [FK_T1_T1]
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Aug 2015
2 answers
335 views
Hello,

There are Exit and Options button at runtime in radribbonbar's start menu, but I don't want them to show up. How can I achieve this?

Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Aug 2015
19 answers
665 views
Nice coding! I've following question:
In my previos in Time field I make this for editing:
ResultGridView.Columns["Time"].HeaderText = "Time";
            ResultGridView.Columns["Time"].DataTypeConverter = new DateToTimeConverter();
...
private void ResultGridView_EditorRequired(object sender, EditorRequiredEventArgs e)
        {
            if (ResultGridView.CurrentColumn.Name == "Time")
            {
                e.Editor = new GridTimePickerEditor();
            }
        }
...
public class DateToTimeConverter : TypeConverter
    {
        public override bool CanConvertTo(ITypeDescriptorContext context, Type destinationType)
        {
            return destinationType == typeof(DateTime);
        }
 
        public override object ConvertTo(ITypeDescriptorContext context, CultureInfo culture, object value, Type destinationType)
        {
            TimeSpan span = (TimeSpan)value;
            DateTime dt = new DateTime(span.Ticks);
            return dt;
        }
 
        public override bool CanConvertFrom(ITypeDescriptorContext context, Type sourceType)
        {
            return sourceType == typeof(DateTime);
        }
 
        public override object ConvertFrom(ITypeDescriptorContext context, CultureInfo culture, object value)
        {
            DateTime dt = (DateTime)value;
            TimeSpan span = new TimeSpan(dt.Hour, dt.Minute, dt.Second);
            return span;
        }
    }
Now I can edit only hour and minute, it possible to edit seconds and milliseconds too?
Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Aug 2015
1 answer
373 views

Can you bind a column to a specific index in a List, without using a hierarchical grid?

For example, with the following data structure:

public class Survey {
    public string Name { get; set; }
    public List<string> Answers { get; set; }
    public Survey() {
        Answers = new List<string>();
    }
}
 

The grid is bound to a data source of List<Survey>.  

I can obviously create a column with a FieldName of: "Name".

Can I create a column with a FieldName of: "Answers[0]"?

 

I looked at the documentation article Binding to Sub Objects, and I didn't notice any restrictions on this.

 

Thanks,

Eric.

Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Aug 2015
0 answers
133 views

Hi Dear

I have Radribbonbar with 3 tab  and every tab have multiple group and every group

have multiple radbuttonelement.

i want to control them dynamically i add to db permissions and read them for example like this:

menu1  true

menu2 false

how can i read and apply hide or visible in radribbon bar?

 

 

Masoud
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 22 Aug 2015
2 answers
113 views

Hi,

I would like to be able to customize the printing of a hierarchical GridView.

1) The only selected rows are to be included

2) Only two columns are required in the output

 What is the best way to achieve this?

 

Greg
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 19 Aug 2015
1 answer
157 views

Hi,

 

I window form, Grid contains the 4 columns. when I entered data in any columns and bymistake I clicked on Grid header,  it does remove the data which I entered in the columns.so How can i prevent the remove data even clicked on Grid header..

 

Regards,

Dilip

 

Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Aug 2015
1 answer
207 views

I have added Text to the carousel image and set the Text to be displayed as textaboveimage - and tried a number of the other options as well - and I cannot see any of the text....

 It's not long text either - often just one word.

 What am I doing wrong to cause the text not to appear above the image.

 I should also mention that the images are 128 x 128... so it's possible that the text is 'under the image' - how do I cause the text to be shown above the image?

 I also tried to set the Text Position Offset Height to 140 to see if that would work but still - no visible text.

 Can anyone help with this?

Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Aug 2015
1 answer
193 views

Hi all,

 titel says it all.

 Regards

Ralitsa
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Aug 2015
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?