Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
7 answers
370 views
I am new to the WinForms components and here is what I would like to be able to do. Not sure if this functionality is built in or if I will need to use a combination of Telerik controls so I figured it would be faster to ask. :)

I want to be able to fill a listview... then have a way to type in criteria and have it filter the listview accordingly. I want to be able to use checkboxes so once I have the listview filtered I can select certain items using the checkboxes.

Then I want to be able to remove the criteria and the listview restores all the items while retaining the items with checks in the checkboxes. Then i'll enter new criteria, which filters the list, i select more items via the checkboxes, remove the criteria, selected items are retained and so on...

Please let me know how to do this. :)
Hristo
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Sep 2015
9 answers
204 views
Hi when i drag and drop one multicolumncombobox, and change some properties that i need for all my comboboxes.

Then I try copy this control by control + c and then control + v ->  finally a bug appear.


the nesteddatagrid is out of container control(multicolumcombobox).

this behaviour is not normal.

Thanks.(only work around that i found was in designer copy all code and paste it this again) but there is no good work around.
Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Sep 2015
6 answers
160 views

I have a column group that contains 5 rows. I wish to hide the headers of the last 4 rows. I did put in the following code in the viewcellformatting event (below, but it did not hide the column group rows. My headertext on those rows are empty, and the images are attached. "Capture2.jpg" is the image before using the viewcellformatting event code. "Before.jpg" is the event code below being implemented, and "result.png" is what I am attempting to achieve. Thanks in advance for any help.

 

    Private Sub RadGridView1_ViewCellFormatting(sender As Object, e As CellFormattingEventArgs) Handles RadGridView1.ViewCellFormatting

        If TypeOf sender Is GridHeaderCellElement Then
            e.CellElement.Visibility = Telerik.WinControls.ElementVisibility.Collapsed
            e.CellElement.AutoSize = False
            e.CellElement.MaxSize = New Size(0, 0)
           e.CellElement.MinSize = New Size(0, 0)
           e.CellElement.Size = New Size(0, 0)

       End If​

   End Sub
Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Sep 2015
2 answers
188 views
Hello, I need help to add an image, the header of a row if it meets a condition.

I want to replace the default image for any other.

Sorry for my bad English.

 Regards

Vidal Enrique
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 10 Sep 2015
3 answers
1.4K+ views

I'm not databinding, just trying to set the timepicker to null. I can set the nulltext property, but how to set the value to null?

Later

Art

Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Sep 2015
3 answers
126 views
Dear,
I would like to know how I can add a radChartView a WinForms UI RadRotator
Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Sep 2015
9 answers
666 views
I would like to be able to Set not only isPressed or Mouse Over. I would like to change the visual style of  the button as soon as it is selected. how can i accomplish this with the visual theme builder. i tried everything but it just does not keep the style i applied to isPresses or mousedown.
thank you
Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Sep 2015
10 answers
654 views

Can we change RADGridView Header Height at runtime?

Situation is like this:

I need to display following like RadGridview in Windows Application.

.......... |              Col1        |        Col2         |         Col3     |................
.......... |Col11|Col12|Col13| c  | c | c | c | c  | ....................
                                         | o  | o | o| o | o |
                                         | l   | l  | l | l  |   l |
                                        | 21 |22 |23|24 |25 |
                                       
1) Is that possible to display column header vertically?
2) If (1) is not possible then can we change Header height?
3) can we give ToolTip to each column header and its sub-column header?

Probably attached image may clear the idea.
Is there any solution for this situation?
                                       
Thanks.

Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Sep 2015
1 answer
171 views

Hello Telerik

 I have a RadPageView in Strip Mode and I would like to highlight some pages on runtime.

By highlighting I mean change the theme color for the different state (selected, mouse over, etc.) of the RadPageView. The business need is to show the user which pages needed an action.

 

I have found how to change the backcolor of a RadPageView but not for the different state of the control. Is there a way to do it without handling multiple event ?

Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Sep 2015
4 answers
272 views

Hi,

I'm facing a strange behaviour when i export a userControl containing a ChartView as a png picture.
Let's explain my issue with code.

First i create a userControl, this userControl has a title ( label) and a chartView.

this chart is slightly customized, i want to show checkboxes as legend items. to do this, i have followed an example mentioned in the forum.

If the checkbox is unckeced the related serie is hidden.

 

var myUserControl = new StatisticLayoutWithAdditionalStats();
 
myUserControl.ChartView.ChartElement.LegendElement.VisualItemCreating += LegendElement_VisualItemCreating;
/// Set layout properties
myUserControl.Title = "Blablabla";
myUserControl.ChartView.AreaType = ChartAreaType.Cartesian;
myUserControl.ChartView.ShowLegend = true;
 
LineSeries serie1 = new LineSeries();
LineSeries serie2 = new LineSeries();
 
 
serie1.DataSource = new BindingList<Coordinate>(Serie1DataSource.Coordinates);
serie1.CategoryMember = "Abscissa";
 
serie2.DataSource = new BindingList<Coordinate>(Serie2DataSource.Coordinates);
serie2.CategoryMember = "Abscissa";
serie2.ValueMember = "Ordinate";
 
myUserControl.ChartView.Series.Add(serie1);
myUserControl.ChartView.Series.Add(serie2);

 

// This class is used to customize legend items
public class CheckBoxLegentItemElement : LegendItemElement
{
 private RadCheckBoxElement checkBox = new RadCheckBoxElement();
 
public CheckBoxLegentItemElement(LegendItem item)
{
 this.checkBox.ToggleStateChanged += checkBox_ToggleStateChanged;
}
 
 void checkBox_ToggleStateChanged(object sender, StateChangedEventArgs args)
        {
            if (args.ToggleState == Telerik.WinControls.Enumerations.ToggleState.On)
            {
                this.LegendItem.Element.IsVisible = true;
            }
            else
            {
                this.LegendItem.Element.IsVisible = false;
 
            }
        }
 
 
}

 

If i display this userControl in a Form it works fine.

But i want to export this userControl as a picture, the userControl can't be displayed in a form, juste created in memory.

 

myUserControl.Size = new Size(600,400);
Bitmap bitmap = new Bitmap(600, 400);
myUserControl.DrawToBitmap(bitmap, (myUserControl.ClientRectangle));

If all checkboxes are checked, the image is good.

But if, at least, one of them is uncheck the graph doesn't display.

Do you have any explanation ?

Regards,

Mathieu

Hristo
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Sep 2015
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?