Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
4 answers
128 views

Hi, Im using the GanttView control in an example application. Refer to this article http://www.telerik.com/help/winforms/ganttview-working-with-data-binding-to-database.html , I tried to find the "WeddingPlanner.mdb" database, but I can“t find it in my installation directory. How can I get it??

I'm using the UI for WinForms Q3 2015 version.

Thanks,

David
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 11 Dec 2015
5 answers
203 views

I create a RadMenu in a MDI Parent form dynamically.  Each menu item has a tag property with a value that references a string.  I also have a form that is open that has a Split Container, Panel and within the panel, a Panorama object with a PanelGroup, ready to add a tile.  I would like to drag from the RadMenuItem and drop into the PanelGroup and create a tile that has a reference (can also be the Tile's tag).  

 I already have this working when I drag from a TreeView to create a tile, as well as dragging from a desktop shortcut...   Although I can set the RadMenuItem.AllowDrag property = true, I don't see anyway to trigger and work with this...

Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Dec 2015
8 answers
536 views
How can I do a watermark in a textbox on winforms?

Thanks,
David
Alexander
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 10 Dec 2015
1 answer
159 views

I slightly changed your solution from here (GridView - Drag & Drop Example) to enable drag and drop inside the same grid.

Setting the AllowAutoScrollRowsWhileDragging to true, the scrolling hangs and the row can't be dropped at the desired location.

I can send you the project, if you want, but I think autoscrolling is also broken in your example. Try to add more data objects and you will see the problem.

 

Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Dec 2015
2 answers
184 views

Hi.

I have made my own Edit appointment form, and want to make a dropdownlist, just as the 'Background' selector.

I simply can't figure out, how load the background colors in the scheduler into the dropdown.  

My code look like this:

       Dim a As Int16

        Dim list(Me.uiRadSchedulerMain.Backgrounds.Count - 1) As String
        For a = 0 To Me.uiRadSchedulerMain.Backgrounds.Count - 1

            Dim dataItem As New RadListDataItem()
            dataItem.Text = Me.uiRadSchedulerMain.Backgrounds.Item(a).DisplayName.ToString
            dataItem.Image = ??? (background of backgrounds.item(a).[Image]) 
            dataItem.Value = Me.uiRadSchedulerMain.Backgrounds.Item(a).Id

            Me.comboBackground.Items.Add(dataItem)

        Next

Kindly Peter

Peter
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 09 Dec 2015
16 answers
934 views
Hi Admin,

I want to know about how to get resource related to the current cell of radscheduler.
I want to pass the ID of selected resource to my custom New/Edit Appointment Form to fill the resource combo box.

I am looking forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.

Thank you in advance.

best regard.

Kian
Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Dec 2015
2 answers
622 views
I have a RadGridView that I populate with a DataTable. One of the fields that is in the DataTable is a column that contains boolean values. Instead of showing "True" or "False" in the column like it does now, I want it to show "In" or "Out". What is the simplest way to accomplish this? I am using Visual Studio 2013 and programming in Visual Basic. Thanks!
Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Dec 2015
1 answer
130 views

i'm attempting to give the option to users to export all or page only, but I can't get the syntax of the statement correct.. I would have thought it to be..

 

 spreadExporter.PagingExportOption.CurrentPageOnly = 0

 

 spreadExporter.PagingExportOption.AllPages = 1

Jai
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 07 Dec 2015
1 answer
188 views

Hi,

I have a radRibbonForm.

When I change the Theme of the radRibbon the control box vanishes, so no minimize, maximize or close button. If you hover the mouse over the area where they should be the tooltip appears - and you can actually click either of the three buttons. They are just not displayed.

If I turn the theme back to controlDefault the control box appears as normal.

Any ideas folks?

Ralitsa
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Dec 2015
1 answer
136 views

I cannot make same width for first and second buttons and thumb. There is always right margins in the buttons. The below is my coding:
            this.PanelElement.Fill.BackColor = Color.Transparent;
            this.PanelElement.Fill.GradientStyle = GradientStyles.Solid;
            this.RootElement.BackColor = Color.Transparent;
            this.RootElement.ForeColor = Color.Transparent;
            ((FillPrimitive)this.VerticalScrollbar.ScrollBarElement.Children[1]).GradientStyle = GradientStyles.Solid;
            ((FillPrimitive)this.VerticalScrollbar.ScrollBarElement.Children[1]).BackColor = FXStyle.ColorForKey("ScrollBarBackColor");
            this.VerticalScrollbar.ScrollBarElement.FirstButton.ButtonBorder.FitToSizeMode = RadFitToSizeMode.FitToParentContent;
            this.VerticalScrollbar.ScrollBarElement.FirstButton.ButtonFill.GradientStyle = GradientStyles.Solid;
            this.VerticalScrollbar.ScrollBarElement.FirstButton.ButtonFill.BackColor = FXStyle.ColorForKey("ScrollBarButtonBackColor");
            this.VerticalScrollbar.ScrollBarElement.FirstButton.ArrowPrimitive.ForeColor = FXStyle.ColorForKey("ScrollBarButtonArrowBackColor");
            this.VerticalScrollbar.ScrollBarElement.FirstButton.ButtonBorder.BoxStyle = BorderBoxStyle.FourBorders;
            this.VerticalScrollbar.ScrollBarElement.FirstButton.ButtonBorder.LeftColor = FXStyle.ColorForKey("ScrollBarButtonLeftTopBorderColor");
            this.VerticalScrollbar.ScrollBarElement.FirstButton.ButtonBorder.LeftShadowColor = FXStyle.ColorForKey("ScrollBarButtonLeftTopBorderColor");
            this.VerticalScrollbar.ScrollBarElement.FirstButton.ButtonBorder.LeftWidth = 1;
            this.VerticalScrollbar.ScrollBarElement.FirstButton.ButtonBorder.TopColor = Color.Yellow;
            this.VerticalScrollbar.ScrollBarElement.FirstButton.ButtonBorder.TopShadowColor = Color.Yellow;
            this.VerticalScrollbar.ScrollBarElement.FirstButton.ButtonBorder.TopWidth = 1;
            this.VerticalScrollbar.ScrollBarElement.FirstButton.ButtonBorder.RightColor = FXStyle.ColorForKey("ScrollBarButtonRightBottomBorderColor");
            this.VerticalScrollbar.ScrollBarElement.FirstButton.ButtonBorder.RightShadowColor = FXStyle.ColorForKey("ScrollBarButtonRightBottomBorderColor");
            this.VerticalScrollbar.ScrollBarElement.FirstButton.ButtonBorder.RightWidth = 1;
            this.VerticalScrollbar.ScrollBarElement.FirstButton.ButtonBorder.BottomColor = Color.Red;
            this.VerticalScrollbar.ScrollBarElement.FirstButton.ButtonBorder.BottomShadowColor = Color.Red;
            this.VerticalScrollbar.ScrollBarElement.FirstButton.ButtonBorder.BottomWidth = 1;

            this.VerticalScrollbar.ScrollBarElement.SecondButton.ButtonBorder.FitToSizeMode = RadFitToSizeMode.FitToParentContent;
            this.VerticalScrollbar.ScrollBarElement.SecondButton.ButtonFill.GradientStyle = GradientStyles.Solid;
            this.VerticalScrollbar.ScrollBarElement.SecondButton.ButtonFill.BackColor = FXStyle.ColorForKey("ScrollBarButtonBackColor");
            this.VerticalScrollbar.ScrollBarElement.SecondButton.ArrowPrimitive.ForeColor = FXStyle.ColorForKey("ScrollBarButtonArrowBackColor");
            this.VerticalScrollbar.ScrollBarElement.SecondButton.ButtonBorder.BoxStyle = BorderBoxStyle.FourBorders;
            this.VerticalScrollbar.ScrollBarElement.SecondButton.ButtonBorder.LeftColor = FXStyle.ColorForKey("ScrollBarButtonLeftTopBorderColor");
            this.VerticalScrollbar.ScrollBarElement.SecondButton.ButtonBorder.LeftShadowColor = FXStyle.ColorForKey("ScrollBarButtonLeftTopBorderColor");
            this.VerticalScrollbar.ScrollBarElement.SecondButton.ButtonBorder.LeftWidth = 1;
            this.VerticalScrollbar.ScrollBarElement.SecondButton.ButtonBorder.TopColor = Color.Yellow;
            this.VerticalScrollbar.ScrollBarElement.SecondButton.ButtonBorder.TopShadowColor = Color.Yellow;
            this.VerticalScrollbar.ScrollBarElement.SecondButton.ButtonBorder.TopWidth = 1;
            this.VerticalScrollbar.ScrollBarElement.SecondButton.ButtonBorder.RightColor = FXStyle.ColorForKey("ScrollBarButtonRightBottomBorderColor");
            this.VerticalScrollbar.ScrollBarElement.SecondButton.ButtonBorder.RightShadowColor = FXStyle.ColorForKey("ScrollBarButtonRightBottomBorderColor");
            this.VerticalScrollbar.ScrollBarElement.SecondButton.ButtonBorder.RightWidth = 1;
            this.VerticalScrollbar.ScrollBarElement.SecondButton.ButtonBorder.BottomColor = Color.Red;
            this.VerticalScrollbar.ScrollBarElement.SecondButton.ButtonBorder.BottomShadowColor = Color.Red;
            this.VerticalScrollbar.ScrollBarElement.SecondButton.ButtonBorder.BottomWidth = 1;

            this.VerticalScrollbar.ScrollBarElement.ThumbElement.GripImage = null;
            this.VerticalScrollbar.ScrollBarElement.ThumbElement.ThumbFill.GradientStyle = GradientStyles.Solid;
            this.VerticalScrollbar.ScrollBarElement.ThumbElement.ThumbFill.BackColor = FXStyle.ColorForKey("ScrollBarThumbBackColor");
            this.VerticalScrollbar.ScrollBarElement.ThumbElement.ThumbBorder.PaintUsingParentShape = false;
            this.VerticalScrollbar.ScrollBarElement.ThumbElement.ThumbBorder.BoxStyle = BorderBoxStyle.FourBorders;
            this.VerticalScrollbar.ScrollBarElement.ThumbElement.ThumbBorder.LeftColor = FXStyle.ColorForKey("ScrollBarThumbRightBorderColor");
            this.VerticalScrollbar.ScrollBarElement.ThumbElement.ThumbBorder.LeftShadowColor = FXStyle.ColorForKey("ScrollBarThumbRightBorderColor");
            this.VerticalScrollbar.ScrollBarElement.ThumbElement.ThumbBorder.LeftWidth = 1;
            this.VerticalScrollbar.ScrollBarElement.ThumbElement.ThumbBorder.TopColor = Color.Red;
            this.VerticalScrollbar.ScrollBarElement.ThumbElement.ThumbBorder.TopShadowColor = Color.Red;
            this.VerticalScrollbar.ScrollBarElement.ThumbElement.ThumbBorder.TopWidth = 1;
            this.VerticalScrollbar.ScrollBarElement.ThumbElement.ThumbBorder.RightColor = FXStyle.ColorForKey("ScrollBarThumbLeftTopBottomBorderColor");
            this.VerticalScrollbar.ScrollBarElement.ThumbElement.ThumbBorder.RightShadowColor = FXStyle.ColorForKey("ScrollBarThumbLeftTopBottomBorderColor");
            this.VerticalScrollbar.ScrollBarElement.ThumbElement.ThumbBorder.RightWidth = 1;
            this.VerticalScrollbar.ScrollBarElement.ThumbElement.ThumbBorder.BottomColor = Color.Yellow;
            this.VerticalScrollbar.ScrollBarElement.ThumbElement.ThumbBorder.BottomShadowColor = Color.Yellow;
            this.VerticalScrollbar.ScrollBarElement.ThumbElement.ThumbBorder.BottomWidth = 1;

Please help to fix it. Thank you!

Hristo
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Dec 2015
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?