Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
4 answers
360 views
I'm trying to display a struct in a RadPropertyGrid (similar to the "Padding" item in the "First Look" example), but for some reason items in the struct is not displayed as an expandable item like in the "First Look" example. Instead, the value of my PropertyStoreItem is just set to a string containing namespace of my struct (see the attached screenshot). Here is the struct I'm trying to use:

namespace DSI.WorkFlow
{
    struct SearchItem
    {
        string fromField;
        string toField;
 
        [Description("Search value.")]
        [Category("Search Fields")]
        [DefaultValue(null)]
        [Browsable(true)]
        public string FromField
        {
            get
            {
                return this.fromField;
            }
            set
            {
                this.fromField = value;
            }
        }
 
        [Description("Search value.")]
        [Category("Search Fields")]
        [DefaultValue(null)]
        [Browsable(true)]
        public string ToField
        {
            get
            {
                return this.toField;
            }
            set
            {
                this.toField = value;
            }
        }
    }
}


Do you have any idea what I'm missing?
Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 25 May 2016
1 answer
144 views

I use the following code in print, but logo is not displayed:

RadPrintDocument document = new RadPrintDocument();
document.Logo = pictureBox1.Image;
document.RightHeader = "Right header";
document.AssociatedObject = grid;
RadPrintPreviewDialog preview = new RadPrintPreviewDialog(document);
preview.Show();

Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 25 May 2016
3 answers
167 views

Dear Telerik,

I have RadPivotGrid and a RadChartView,

on formload, I have

           this.radChartView2.DataSource = this.radPivotGrid1;

and everything works fine.

However, I want the chart to appear on chartview automatically when the  form loads instead of having to select the data on the PivotGrid manualy using mouse.

I was trying to prgramatically use a method like selectall to force the chart to appear on the chartview but aparently there is no selectAll method in RadPivotGrid.

Your help is highly appreciated.

Thanks.

 

 

Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 25 May 2016
1 answer
133 views

Hello.

I'm using VirtualGrid as a calendar with months as columns and days as rows. The default selection mode is row-wise. I'd like to change it column-wise.

Let's say I select a range in the grid from 1st of feb (rowindex 0, columnindex 1) to 2nd of march (row 1, col 2). The selected cells are (0,1) (0,2) (1,1) (1,2). In my grid the selected cells should be (0,1) to (0,28) (1,1) (1,2).

I tried to implement the SelectionChanging event but I didn't got it working. Neither the actual selection is canceled nor the new selection is executed.

    Private Sub RadVirtualGrid1_SelectionChanging(sender As Object, e As VirtualGridSelectionChangingEventArgs) Handles RadVirtualGrid1.SelectionChanging

        If e.SelectionAction = VirtualGridSelectionAction.ExtendSelection Then
            If RadVirtualGrid1.Selection.SelectedRegion.Left <> RadVirtualGrid1.Selection.SelectedRegion.Right Then
                e.Cancel = True
                Dim first_top As Integer = RadVirtualGrid1.Selection.SelectedRegion.Top
                Dim last_bottom As Integer = RadVirtualGrid1.Selection.SelectedRegion.Bottom

                Dim curr_top As Integer = first_top
                Dim curr_bottom = ROW_OFFSET + 31
                For col As Integer = RadVirtualGrid1.Selection.SelectedRegion.Left To RadVirtualGrid1.Selection.SelectedRegion.Right
                    RadVirtualGrid1.Selection.BeginSelection(curr_top, col, RadVirtualGrid1.Selection.SelectedRegion.ViewInfo, True)
                    RadVirtualGrid1.Selection.ExtendCurrentRegion(curr_bottom, col)

                    curr_top = ROW_OFFSET
                    If col = RadVirtualGrid1.Selection.SelectedRegion.Right - 1 Then
                        curr_bottom = last_bottom
                    End If
                Next

            End If
        End If

    End Sub

Best regards,

Ronald

Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 25 May 2016
1 answer
181 views

using the Drag Drop Service i cant get the e.HitTarget to return true no matter what propertygrid reference i use must be missing something here.

basically i just want to recreate the propertygrid items when a GridDataRowElement is dragged onto a propertygrid.

 

private void svc_PreviewDragOver(object sender, RadDragOverEventArgs e)
{

if (e.DragInstance is GridDataRowElement)
{
e.CanDrop = e.HitTarget is PropertyGridElement;
}
}

Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 24 May 2016
1 answer
630 views

I use the following code to display a tooltip. My problem is that I cannot set the tooltip maximum width. How can I do this?

GridDataCellElement cell = sender as GridDataCellElement;
if (cell != null && cell.ColumnInfo.Name == "MessageText")
{
    e.ToolTip.OwnerDraw = true;
    e.ToolTip.Draw += ToolTip_Draw;
    e.ToolTip.AutoPopDelay = int.MaxValue; // 24.86 days
                 
    e.ToolTipText = cell.Value.ToString();
}
 
void ToolTip_Draw(object sender, DrawToolTipEventArgs e)
{
    e.Graphics.FillRectangle(SystemBrushes.Info, e.Bounds);
    e.DrawBorder();
    e.DrawText(TextFormatFlags.RightToLeft | TextFormatFlags.Right);
}

GridDataCellElement cell = sender as GridDataCellElement;
if (cell != null && cell.ColumnInfo.Name == "MessageText")
{
    e.ToolTip.OwnerDraw = true;
    e.ToolTip.Draw += ToolTip_Draw;
    e.ToolTip.AutoPopDelay = int.MaxValue; // 24.86 days
                
    e.ToolTipText = cell.Value.ToString();
}
void ToolTip_Draw(object sender, DrawToolTipEventArgs e)
{
    e.Graphics.FillRectangle(SystemBrushes.Info, e.Bounds);
    e.DrawBorder();
    e.DrawText(TextFormatFlags.RightToLeft | TextFormatFlags.Right);
}
Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 23 May 2016
1 answer
138 views
Best Regard


I need to know if a radgridview can be detected when the rows or columns are hidden when user do scroll. Something like a TopLeftChange Event


Thanks
Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 23 May 2016
0 answers
140 views

Hi,

 

Could you allow me how I set the position of CURSOR after beginEdit() event.

I have used this :

radGridView1.MasterView.TableFilteringRow.Cells[1].Value = "ABCD";

radGridView1.MasterView.TableFilteringRow.Cells[1].BeginEdit();

 

After BeginEdit() I want to the cursor being after last character (e.g: After "D" in "ABCD").

 

 

Thanks

 

Hossein
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 23 May 2016
14 answers
357 views
Hi There:

I really liked the antimated 'Home' page of your WinForm Demo.  However, when I open up the solution, I don't see a 'Startup Object' listed. Can you tell me where in the project sample folders I can find that 'Home' form?  I'd like to learn how to do up a home page with animation like that in my winForm application.

Thanks!
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 23 May 2016
1 answer
270 views
Can the CardView be forced to list items in a single column vertically, instead of expanding out horizontally into multiple columns?  I can't seem to find a property to set this, but I could just be overlooking it.

 

 

redshift20
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 20 May 2016
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?