Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
3 answers
170 views

I have recently updated to the latest version from 2016 Q1 and noticed a change in the way the RadTextBox displays when the Visual Studio 2012 Light theme is used.

The issue is easily reproduced by creating a new project and adding a RadTextBox with AutoSize as false and a Height of 20. Everything displays normally under the default theme.

Now add the Visual Studio 2012 Light theme and set the RTB to use it. The bottom of the RTB disappears. Not good. It isn't happy with anything under a Height of 24.

How can this issue be resolved? I've encountered similar issues with this theme in the past and I was not expecting the update to the latest version to break something which has been working just fine under older versions.

Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Jun 2017
0 answers
125 views

Hi,

When i use "radGridView1.Rows.Clear();" to clear rows from gridview, rows are removed in background but not visually until i click on expanding mark (+)

I want to know how to clear gridview rows in background and visually

Ahmed
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 07 Jun 2017
1 answer
200 views

I cannot seem to get the AnimatedPropertySetting to work with a radRadialGauge. We have this code to update the gauge from serial data approx every 5 seconds (via delegate):

public void DisplayTempChart(float temperature)  

 {             

//radialGaugeNeedle1.Value = temperature;   <----- when this is uncommented, the needle responds correctly         

AnimatedPropertySetting setting = new AnimatedPropertySetting(                 <----- this property setting never works, the needle is never updated

    RadRadialGaugeElement.ValueProperty,                 

     this.radRadialGauge1.Value,                  

     temperature,                 

     12,                 
     40);              

setting.ApplyEasingType = RadEasingType.OutBounce;              

setting.ApplyValue(radRadialGauge1.GaugeElement);         

}

 

Any help is appreciated!

Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Jun 2017
2 answers
220 views

Hi There,

I have created a marker called Car. This marker has a property called m_sLicensePlate.

How can i find that specific marker based on this property. The markers are in a specific layer.

My idea is something like :

 

Car findMarker(string p_sLicensePlate)

{

MapLayer carLayer = new MapLayer("Cars");

 

foreach (Car Item in carLayer.....)

{

    if (Item.m_sLicensePlate == p_sLicensePlate) return Item;

}

return null;

}

Victor
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 06 Jun 2017
1 answer
188 views

I was recently put in charge of updating a very old screen. It uses nested gridviews to drill down the mapping structure of a file. IE There is a list of files in the master template, detail template and file layout template among other child templates below these. 

    I need to insert a subdetail template for certain cases that then opens into the file layout template. Can I do this? In certain cases I want to display the detail then subdetail, and finally the file layout template while still being able to go from detail to layout for other entries (files). If it will work this way, I can have file layout and subdetail be tabs on the same level, I just need to have subdetail open the file layout below it. 

I have access to the latest Telerik version, though the program was written with an older version. 

Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Jun 2017
3 answers
133 views
Hi,
I have MultiColumn ComboBox Filtering and when writing arabic in the filter, it does not return ant thing !!!
Does it support Arabic? If Not, How does it?
Hristo
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Jun 2017
11 answers
1.4K+ views
The Intellisense for CancelEdit says that it closes the active editor and discards the change. It seems to be closing the active editor but NOT discarding the change.

I tried using the CellValidating event similar to this post:

http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/winforms/gridview/validating-user-input.aspx

But e.Cancel also does not discard the change.

Here is my scenario:
1) User enters a new value.
2) In the CellValidating event, the system displays a dialog asking for the reason for the change.
3) User cancels from that dialog.
4) Code needs to discard the change and close the active editor.

Using myGrid.CancelEdit closes the active editor but does not discard the change. Using e.Cancel seems to do nothing.

How do I end the edit and discard the change to a cell?

Thanks!
Hristo
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Jun 2017
1 answer
329 views

I'm using the collapsible panel with expand direction = right.  I'd like to increase the size (at least the height anyway) of the button because the app is used on a touch screen so the pointer device is a fat finger and not a mouse.  I set the font size to 14pt so the width is probably ok.  How do I set to the size of that button?

While I'm asking, can I also set the width of that header (expand direction right)?  And an alternative would be to enable clicking on the header to execute the collapse/expand action.  Would you offer that solution, too?

Thank you,

Gary

Hristo
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Jun 2017
3 answers
220 views

Hello,

we are using a RadGridView which has implemented a master table with severals child tables. The datasource of the grid is a dataset containing the datatables with their realations. Now we want to use the DataFilter component to filter the data in the grid. 
It is possible to use the DataFilter which is based on a datasource (dataset) with relations? Maybe you can give us an example.

Thanks' in advance
Karim

Hristo
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Jun 2017
0 answers
137 views
Hi! Is any way to pan diagram by dragging not only empty space, but also diagram items? I would like to have toggle button, if I click it, I can pan diagram by holding an dragging on any it's element. But now panning is only enabled on empty diagram's space.
Иван
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 05 Jun 2017
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?