Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
8 answers
144 views
Hi,
I want to show all field of a row of a table as a node in treeview, Header of columns must be appeared.
You suppose the RadGridView with support for showing it's data like a tree.
First row is parent of second row and this goes until end of the table.
if Telerik doesn't support this, please put a link about what I need.

Thank you,
Telerik really helps me!
Tooraj Azizi.
Jack
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Jul 2011
3 answers
200 views
Is there a way to create custom dialog as of Microsoft controls that supports telerik themes?

Thanks in anticipation.
aquariens
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 07 Jul 2011
2 answers
322 views

Hi,

 

I have just upgraded my RadControls for WinForms from Q1 2010 SP1 to Q1 2011.

Since I have been using RadToolStrips in my project, I got warnings telling me to use CommandBars instead of RadToolStrip.

So, I tried switching all the RadToolStrips to CommandBars, but I noticed the only way to add RadioButtons in a CommandBar is to use CommandBarHostItem. However, I couldn't put more than 1 RadioButton in a CommandBarHostItem. I had to create 1 CommandBarHostItem for each RadioButton, and if I do it that way, multiple RadioButtons can be selected at one time, which defeated my purpose of using RadioButtons because I want only one button in a group of radio buttons can be selected at one time.

Are there any solutions for my case?

 

Thanks

Angus Cheung
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 07 Jul 2011
1 answer
231 views
I add buttons to my alerts so that the user can take some action if they want.

I personally do not feel these buttons are easy to see. They look like text. I want something that stands out more.
How can I change the color of the button?

I tried to set the backcolor and the BorderElement.BackColor of my RadButtonElement.

Something is overriding my settings.

 

 

Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Jul 2011
3 answers
227 views
This question may belong in a different WinForms controls forum. If so, I apologize.

Ultimately, I am wanting to show a carousel full of RadGridViews, but for performance's sake I am converting the RadGridView's into RadImageItems to be loaded into the carousel.

I'd like to be able to put a label above the RadGridView as a title for the grid. So far I've tried adding a RadLabel and RadGridView to a RadItemsContainer, and then using the "GetAsBitmap" function to no avail.  

RadImageItem image1 = new RadImageItem();
image1.Image = rl.RootElement.GetAsBitmap(Brushes.White, 0, new SizeF(1, 1));
rl.RootElement.GetAsBitmap(Brushes.White, 0, new SizeF(1, 1));
 
RadImageItem image2 = new RadImageItem();
image2.Image = grid.RootElement.GetAsBitmap(Brushes.White, 0, new SizeF(1, 1));
 
RadItemsContainer ric = new RadItemsContainer();
ric.Items.Add(image1);
ric.Items.Add(image2);
 
RadImageItem image3 = new RadImageItem();
image3.Image = ric.GetAsBitmap(Brushes.White, 0, new SizeF(1, 1));
image3.ImageKey = imageKey;

(rl = previously declared RadLabel, grid = previously declared RadGridView)

Thanks,

Rob
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Jul 2011
1 answer
319 views
Hi;

i use DropDownList control, i added many items and set "Text" properties for each item, but how to set a value to item, i need the selected value.

i do not see any field lets me fill the value of item,

see the attachment
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Jul 2011
2 answers
162 views
Hi All,

i have the following code to convert a integer value (seconds) to double and i wish to oput it like 00:10:15 (615 seconds) in my summary row.

Private Sub rgvWechselProtokoll_GroupSummaryEvaluate(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Telerik.WinControls.UI.GroupSummaryEvaluationEventArgs) Handles rgvWechselProtokoll.GroupSummaryEvaluate
       If e.Parent Is Me.rgvWechselProtokoll.MasterTemplate Then
           Dim fulltime As String
           fulltime = Date.FromOADate(CDbl(e.Value) / 86400)
           e.FormatString = String.Format("Gesamtzeit = {0:T}", fulltime)
       End If
   End Sub

This is working while m grid is not grouped.

I want to have the same formatting when grouped. Currently my code looks like this

        Me.rgvWechselProtokoll.Columns.Add("Sekunden")
      Me.rgvWechselProtokoll.Columns("Sekunden").IsVisible = False
 
      Dim summaryItem As New GridViewSummaryItem()
      summaryItem.Name = "Start"
      summaryItem.AggregateExpression = "Sum(Sekunden)"
      summaryItem.FormatString = "Gesamt = {0}"
 
 
      Dim summaryRowItem As New GridViewSummaryRowItem()
      summaryRowItem.Add(summaryItem)
     
      Me.rgvWechselProtokoll.SummaryRowsBottom.Add(summaryRowItem)
 
so that i will see my seconds as Integer. When i change my first block to

Private Sub rgvWechselProtokoll_GroupSummaryEvaluate(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Telerik.WinControls.UI.GroupSummaryEvaluationEventArgs) Handles rgvWechselProtokoll.GroupSummaryEvaluate
    If e.Parent Is Me.rgvWechselProtokoll.MasterTemplate Or IsNumeric(e.Value) Then
        Dim fulltime As String
        fulltime = Date.FromOADate(CDbl(e.Value) / 86400)
        e.FormatString = String.Format("Gesamtzeit = {0:T}", fulltime)
    End If
End Sub

then the formatting is also added when my summery value isNumeric, but this way seems just to be a workaround.

How to apply the same formatting from my first code block using Events or AggregateExpression and FormatString the correct way

Kind regards

Martin Gartmann
Martin Vasilev
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Jul 2011
3 answers
230 views

Hi

I have in my object couple columns of type DateTime.  I use built in functionality for sorting. On the column header user can type date. My problem is that I can define only date, hours, minutes and seconds are always zero (take a look at the screenshot).

Is there any possibility to let the user define also hours?

 

Regards

Martin Vasilev
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Jul 2011
7 answers
243 views
I'm binding to a grid and I'm getting a weird error when I try to bind a datasource:

This is the statement that causes the error:
RootBindingSource.DataSource = _model;

This is the error:

Value of '1' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' must be between 'Minimum' and 'Maximum'.
Parameter name: Value

at Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadScrollBarElement.set_Value(Int32 value)\r\n  
at Telerik.WinControls.UI.GridTableElement.EnsureRowVisible(GridViewRowInfo rowInfo)\r\n  
at Telerik.WinControls.UI.GridTableElement.UpdateCurrentPosition()\r\n  
at Telerik.WinControls.UI.GridViewInfo.SetCurrentRow(GridViewRowInfo row, Boolean setPosition, Boolean shift, Boolean control)\r\n  
at Telerik.WinControls.UI.GridViewTemplate.SetCurrentRow(GridViewRowInfo rowInfo)\r\n  
at Telerik.WinControls.Data.DataAccessComponent.InitDataGrid()\r\n  
at Telerik.WinControls.Data.DataAccessComponent.currencyManager_ListChanged(Object sender, ListChangedEventArgs e)\r\n  
at System.Windows.Forms.CurrencyManager.OnListChanged(ListChangedEventArgs e)\r\n  
at System.Windows.Forms.CurrencyManager.List_ListChanged(Object sender, ListChangedEventArgs e)\r\n  
at System.Windows.Forms.BindingSource.OnListChanged(ListChangedEventArgs e)\r\n  
at System.Windows.Forms.BindingSource.SetList(IList list, Boolean metaDataChanged, Boolean applySortAndFilter)\r\n  
at System.Windows.Forms.BindingSource.ResetList()\r\n  
at System.Windows.Forms.BindingSource.ParentCurrencyManager_MetaDataChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)\r\n  
at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)\r\n  
at System.Windows.Forms.CurrencyManager.OnMetaDataChanged(EventArgs e)\r\n  
at System.Windows.Forms.CurrencyManager.List_ListChanged(Object sender, ListChangedEventArgs e)\r\n  
at System.Windows.Forms.BindingSource.OnListChanged(ListChangedEventArgs e)\r\n  
at System.Windows.Forms.BindingSource.SetList(IList list, Boolean metaDataChanged, Boolean applySortAndFilter)\r\n  
at System.Windows.Forms.BindingSource.ResetList()\r\n   at System.Windows.Forms.BindingSource.set_DataSource(Object value)\r\n  

 
I can't figure out what is wrong based on the error description.

Jack
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Jul 2011
6 answers
1.0K+ views
Hello,

In my WinForms app, I am using a RibbonBar along with a custom resizing function.  Since I use a custom resizing solution, I have noticed a bug/issue with my RibbonBar.  The default RibbonBar height is 141, and I can seem to change that :S.  During runtime, I add a control to the RadRibbonBarChunk.  This control is of a certain size so that is causes the RibbonBar to grow in height.  Since I can't seem to edit the height of the RibbonBar at design time to make everything work, I have to find some way to adjust the location/size of the control below the RibbonBar that's getting affected, or find a way to force the RibbonBar's height to be greater than 141 at design time.

Any help you can give me with this problem would be wonderful!

--UIDev
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Jul 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?