Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
1 answer
217 views
what is the recomanded way to do the following. 

On the gridview, when the user edits a cell value, I want to do some computations and assign a new data source to the gridview. I have tried to call refresh on the cell value changed, but that seams to cause a crash. 

So I have a hirachy of objects. 

Parent 
 |- Child One 
        | -> Child Two 

During the computation I am getting a new set of Child One objects. With this I mean new instances, which I want to rebind to the grid to show the effect of the edit. It seams that this is not accepted. I can understand that the grid might not expect it's datasource to have change on an cell value changed event, but how can I refresh assign a new data source to grid after an edit and show the changes back to the user ? 
Emanuel Varga
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 30 Sep 2011
2 answers
109 views
Hello

I have added a telerik dtp to a 'chunk' in a Ribbonbar as follows in the onLoad event of a form.  The purpose is to change the view of a calendar when the value in the dtp is changed.  The code below accomplishes this task as expected:

Dim dtPicker As New RadDateTimePicker
dtPicker.ThemeName = "Office2007Blue"
 
AddHandler dtPicker.ValueChanged, AddressOf pickerValueChanged
 
Dim hostItem As New Telerik.WinControls.RadHostItem(dtPicker)
hostItem.MinSize = New System.Drawing.Size(150, 50)
Me.chunkJumpTo.Items.Add(hostItem)
Me.chunkJumpTo.Items(0).Name = "ggPicker"

The handler that I added is as follows:

Private Sub pickerValueChanged(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs)
 
        Dim dtp As RadDateTimePicker = sender
        selectedDate = dtp.Value
 
        Select Case Me.Calendar1.CurrentView
            Case WinForms.CalendarView.WeekRange
 
                viewMonth()
                Me.Calendar1.Selection.Set(selectedDate)
                 
            Case WinForms.CalendarView.Timetable
                If Calendar1.TimetableSettings.VisibleColumns > 1 Then
                    viewWeek()
                    Me.Calendar1.Selection.Set(selectedDate)
                Else
                    viewDay()
                End If
 
        End Select
 
        setCurrentMonth()
 
 
    End Sub


However, I would like to change the value of the dtp if a new date is clicked on the calendar itself - how can I reference the dtp in the Ribbonbar and change the value that is displayed?

I found some code from another post - I can find the dtp by doing this (I think) but have not been successful in updating the value...

 For Each ct As RadItem In Me.chunkJumpTo.Items
            If ct.Name = "ggPicker" Then
...CHANGE VALUE HERE...
            End If
 Next


QUESTION 2:

I have several RadImageButtonElements in my Ribbonbar.  I have set the ImageHovered property on several buttons but the new image is not displayed on hover of the button - are there issues with this property? Can you please demonstrate how to display a second image on hover and then revert to this original?

Thank you

Brian
Brian
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 29 Sep 2011
1 answer
166 views
I am using a Rad Ribbon Form in an application bar. All "popup" windows (menus and tooltips) are display in the remaining display area and not at the correct position in the application bar. How can I fix this?

 
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Sep 2011
1 answer
196 views
Is it possible/feasible to have a single multi-line textbox that has two properties:  1.  simple text format (like notepad), and 2. a rich text editor (not HTML format but RTF format).  When the user edits the contents of the multi-line textbox and uses ribbon options, at any time, I need to obtain the ".text" property and get the literal text without all the RTF markup, and if I simultaneously obtain the ".rtf" property, then I get all the text with the embedded rtf format.
I am not an expert in this area, so perhaps my expectation is beyond reality.  However, I am extending a vb6-COM based application with a "com-interop" call out to my .NET library using Telerik controls.  This vb6-COM based application contains a control that functions exactly as above, and I want to reproduce that in my .NET application extension so that I can allow editing of those memos (they are stored in sql as varchar(max)); each of those memo fields in the application database contain two fields "mymemofieldRTF" and "mymemofieldTEXT", and when a user edits one of those memo fields in the vb6-COM based app, the app updates both the "...RTF" and "...TEXT" fields in the database.  When I view the "...RTF" field in the database, it starts with something that looks like:

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fcharset0 MS Sans Serif;}} \viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs17

The "...TEXT" version has only raw text as you might find if you edited simply in notepad.

I want to mimic this process in my app, and so I am hoping the WinForm RichTextBox will support this or allow me to extend the class with some relatively simple settings or overrides.
Thanks!
Larry Brindise
Jack
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Sep 2011
1 answer
265 views
I have pageview control when can display 1 or many tabs.  In the case where there is only 1 page of data to display I would like to hide the tab caption.


Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Sep 2011
5 answers
683 views
Hi,

i converted a solution from Version 2011.1.11.419 to 2011.2.11.712 and now something with RadGrid.Refresh(); doesn't work as it does before.
Is this a known issue or should i call an other function?
I've got a context menu to manipulate the data of a column in multiple selected rows, after that i call Refresh() to show the new data. This worked fine in version 419...
The grid is bound to an EF-datasource, which is written to the DB in a separate function, after all modifications to the data are done.

The code looks like this:
if (this.grdEinheiten.SelectedRows.Count > 0)             
{                 
foreach (GridViewRowInfo row in grdEinheiten.SelectedRows)                 
{                     
if (row.DataBoundItem is ClientTableItem)                     
{                         
ClientTableItem item = (ClientTableItem)row.DataBoundItem;
switch (art)                         
{                             
case something:
item.Something = value;
break;                             


...
default:                                 
break;                         
}                         
}                 
}                 
this.grdEinheiten.Refresh();             
}

Best regards
Julian Benkov
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Sep 2011
4 answers
264 views
hi there

RadWizard-Control does not select the pages which are assigned!

radWizard1.SelectedPage = wizardPage1  ->does not set the current page correctly
radWizard1.SelectedPage = radWizard1.Pages[n]    -->does not set the current page correctly

My Example inlcudes 0=welcomePage, 1=CalenderPage, 2=RulePage, 3=Staffinfopage (Help page), 4=FinishPage

Routes allowed are: 0-4,  0-1-4,  0-2-4,  0-3-0, 1-3-1, 2-3-2, 4-3-4

If checking RadWizard.Pages[2].AccessibleName it show the correct Name "RulerPage"
but if assigning "radWizard1.SelectedPage = radWizard1.Pages[2]  another page is displayed.

I have shuffled around the Pages in the Pages.Collection and it seems that a wrong Pointer is returned.
Also it should be possible to  select a WizardPage by "radWizard1.SelectedIndex=1"

Please fix or show me another way thats working, currently its not usable for me!

Thanks Daniel

Richard Slade
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 29 Sep 2011
1 answer
253 views
I want to show a CheckBox column without a box around it (just the tick or empty). But i am not sure how to style this. My GridviewCheckBoxColumn is readonly in this case so i want to just show a Tick mark when the file is true otherwise leave blank. Here is the code where i add the column to radgridview:
Please help
Thanks
GridViewCheckBoxColumn colIsActive = new GridViewCheckBoxColumn("IsActive");
 colIsActive .Width = 50;
 colIsActive .HeaderText = "Active";
 colIsActive .ReadOnly = true;
 colIsActive .WrapText = true;
 //colIsActive .style???= no box around ???
 _radGV.MasterTemplate.Columns.Add(colIsActive );




Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Sep 2011
4 answers
865 views
Hi,

I have a listbox being used on a touchscreen based PC.  I would like to be able to scroll my list up and down by dragging on the list itself and then pressing an item within the list to select it. 

Failing that is there any way to increase the width of the scrollbars so that dragging the vertical scrollbar is easier?

Regards,

Jon

Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Sep 2011
1 answer
244 views
Hi

How do I get rid or hide the first column in a datagrid. It is the column that shows a right arrow when you select a row. Attached is a screen grab of the column I mean

Cheers
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Sep 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?