Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
18 answers
965 views
I am trying to collapse the ribbonbar programmically at times in order to give more real estate to other elements in the application.
I tried setting the Expanded property to false. This does get rid of all of the buttons that were on the bar and the outline of the bar, however it leaves a space where the bar was, the panel below/under it doesn't expand to fill the space.
Ivan Todorov
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Jun 2012
3 answers
261 views
We are developing a new implementation of Microsoft Navision (Dynamics NAV) which will make use of the Role Tailored Client (RTC) and on one of the pages/forms they wish to have an interactive scheduler control, where they can view/edit/create appointments.

We already have a subscription to Telerik so we would like to use the Scheduler control.

Can anyone shed any light on how to integrate this control into the RTC, or point me in the right direction so I work it out?

Thanks
Karl
Karl
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 18 Jun 2012
1 answer
257 views
I'm writing a booking system and am using the Winforms Scheduler control. Based on data provided from the database for each resource, I need to be able to disable and change the display certain days.

For instance, if a consultant (resource row in the Schedule) cannot work on a specific day, then this day for that consultant should be visibly shown to be unavailable (highlighted/dimmed/greyed-out) and any clicking in the day cell for that resource should not trigger any events (new/edit appointmnent, and no context menu)

Can this be done, and if so, how?

thanks
Karl

Ivan Todorov
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Jun 2012
3 answers
232 views
Hi,
i have to use Touchpad instead of Mouse. All Gestures do work with mouse. With touchpad without radcarousel works too. but after i put carousel Control, Touchpad doesn't recognize any points over this control. should i install something or any trick?
thanks
Gary

PS:i mean, is it possible, that we send radcarousel to background of a panel, but visuelly i could see it and doesn't disappeared? therefore all Gestures can be recognized over the panel, but radcarousel would be effected
Ivan Todorov
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Jun 2012
1 answer
140 views
Since I was not able to get the grouping to work as I needed, I thought I would try the hierarchy feature instead. However, my data is in List<business object> lists and *not* datasets. I can get the parent data to appear, but no child data. Does this feature work with business objects? Or only with datasets?
Thanks!
Boryana
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Jun 2012
3 answers
238 views
Does the new ChartView support a Gantt like chart as did the old RadChart?
I need a bar chart where each bar has a different start and end value.

Regards
Martin
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Jun 2012
6 answers
989 views
I have a piece of code that refreshes the grid when the user hits ctrl+r, but this has stopped working between 2011 Q3 SP1 and 2012 Q1 SP1.  The event fires when I press R or other keys alone, but holding ctrl while pressing does not work.  The shortcuts for cut, paste, copy work with the ctrl button held.
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Jun 2012
1 answer
166 views
Hi,

I'm using the default Office2010Blue theme and some backgrounds are coming up in the nice blue colour.

But... the background on my RadSplitPanels are displaying in the old windows grey. I have tried setting all the backgrounds to transparent but with no luck.

Do I need to set the panel backgrounds to a common setting or do I manually need to set the colour for each?
Boryana
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Jun 2012
4 answers
706 views
I have trying to display list of thumbnail image use ListView. I have followed the guide on documentation  http://www.telerik.com/help/winforms/listview-custom-items.html  but my thumbnail list does not display correct. Please view result and my code.

Public Class MyCustomVisualItem
    Inherits SimpleListViewVisualItem
 
    Private imageelement As RadImageItem
 
    Private stackLayout As StackLayoutPanel
 
    Protected Overrides Sub CreateChildElements()
        MyBase.CreateChildElements()
 
        Me.stackLayout = New StackLayoutPanel()
        Me.stackLayout.Orientation = Orientation.Horizontal
        Me.stackLayout.EqualChildrenWidth = True
 
        Me.imageelement = New RadImageItem
        ' Me.imageelement.
        Me.imageelement.MinSize = New Size(120, 120)
        Me.stackLayout.Children.Add(Me.imageelement)
 
        Me.Children.Add(Me.stackLayout)
    End Sub
 
    Protected Overrides Sub SynchronizeProperties()
        MyBase.SynchronizeProperties()
 
        Me.Text = ""
        Dim myId As Decimal = CType(Me.Data.DataBoundItem, Decimal)
        Me.imageelement.Image = loadThumbnail(myId)
        'Me.contentElement.Text = Convert.ToString(Me.Data("Name"))
        'Me.buttonElement1.Text = "Call " + Convert.ToString(Me.Data("Phone"))
        'Me.buttonElement2.Text = "Fax " + Convert.ToString(Me.Data("Fax"))
    End Sub
 
    Protected Overrides ReadOnly Property ThemeEffectiveType() As Type
        Get
            Return GetType(SimpleListViewVisualItem)
        End Get
    End Property
    Private Function loadThumbnail(ByVal iD As Decimal) As Image
        Dim temp As Byte() = (From cont In Program.travel_context.images _
                            Where cont.image_id = iD _
                            Select cont.icon).First
 
        Dim temp_image As Image = Image.FromStream(New MemoryStream(temp))
 
        Return temp_image
    End Function
End Class

Truong
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 15 Jun 2012
1 answer
79 views
Hello Team, 

We are preparing a UI in which doctor can see his appointments and please find the attached UI   which needs to be build as it is . 

Could you please tell us whether scheduler control will serve the purpose if not which control will suits the requirement 

Regards,
Rajesh
Ivan Todorov
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Jun 2012
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?