This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Winforms RadRotator web browser/script errors 'killing' Visual Studio 2017

2 Answers 78 Views
Rotator
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Czeshirecat
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Czeshirecat asked on 01 Feb 2018, 01:21 PM

Hi.

Using VS2017 with Telerik control set version 2018.1.116.40

I'm following the help document Telerik simple example for using the radrotator control and am having design time problems with script errors generated in visual studio every time I attempt to use the radwebbrowser item in the rotator.. I'm setting it to http://www.telerik.com. I've not tried any other URL. I've not had a chance to test suppressing script errors at runtime as I've no clue how to get beyond the design time problem :D

The errors are thrown by VS2017 itself and I can't break out of the constant stream of exception messages. I have to close it using task manager each time. Once VS reloads all sorts of corruptions seem to occur in VS's settings.

My only option is to go into the x.designer.cs file and delete references and code for the webbrowser item.

If its easily solveable then it might be useful to document this in the example so that users can fix it before it happens.

Can you help please?

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Czeshirecat
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
answered on 01 Feb 2018, 03:00 PM
I'm assigning the web page at runtime. That's solved it. Thanks anyway.
Hristo
Telerik team
answered on 02 Feb 2018, 12:18 PM
Hi Claire,

Thank you for writing. 

I am assuming that you are using the RadWebBrowserElement which internally hosts the standard WebBrowser control which may fail in the designer with scripting errors if you try to display a web page in it. Indeed please set the URL at run-time.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Regards,
Hristo
Progress Telerik
Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
Tags
Rotator
Asked by
Czeshirecat
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Answers by
Czeshirecat
Top achievements
Rank 2