This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Winforms Q3 2009 SP1 with Visual Studio 2010

1 Answer 33 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Scott
Top achievements
Rank 1
Scott asked on 04 Mar 2011, 03:20 PM
I am currently using Winforms Q3 2009 Sp1 with Visual C# 2008 Express. I have built an application and am now in need of the Professional version of Visual Studio to deploy it. The Click Once solution that is available in Express will not work.

I was thinking of going ahead and upgrading to Visual Studio 2010 Professional and wanted to know if I would have any issue with the Winforms Q3 2009 Sp1 controls running in the 2010 environment. I plan on just converting my application to C# 2010. I would hope I would not have to rewrite it.

Will the Q3 2009 controls work in Visual Studio 2010?

- Scott

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Stefan
Telerik team
answered on 09 Mar 2011, 04:14 PM

Hi Scott,

Thank you for writing.

Please note that in order to deploy an application with our assemblies, following our license agreement, it is best to use ILMerge tool, as described in this KB article

In regards to your question about VS2010, you should be able to upgrade your project to it without any issues. 

A bit off topic, I would like to remind you that your subscription package has expired. I would highly recommend upgrading your license to the latest version in order to continue getting product updates and uninterrupted support services. Please, contact sales@telerik.com or visit your account for your upgrading options.

I hope this helps.

All the best,
Stefan
the Telerik team
Registration for Q1 2011 What’s New Webinar Week is now open. Mark your calendar for the week starting March 21st and book your seat for a walk through all the exciting stuff we ship with the new release!

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Scott
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Stefan
Telerik team
Share this question
or