This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Winforms Q1 2011 SP1 (v2011.1.11.0419)

2 Answers 54 Views
Menu
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Renju Panicker
Top achievements
Rank 1
Renju Panicker asked on 12 Jun 2011, 08:14 PM
Hi Telerik team,

I want to use a RadMenu.I want to add Shortcutkeys to my child menu items(not the accelrator).And as in your documentation http://www.telerik.com/help/winforms/menus-menu-getting-started.html, you have mentioned to Drag a Shortcuts component from the toolbox to the form. but I couldnt find that component.How can I sort this out.am sing VS 2010  Ultimate

2) Also how can I bind the radmenu to a database and I want to load the menu according to the user credentials, i.e Admin has accessto full set of Menus and a user with minimum access.

Thanks in Advance

Renju

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Renju Panicker
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Jun 2011, 01:53 PM
No Replies?????

:-((((
Martin Vasilev
Telerik team
answered on 15 Jun 2011, 03:30 PM
Hello Renju,

Thank you for writing.

Please keep in mind that as a trial user during your Trial period, you are eligible for 72 hour response on your support enquires. If you need quicker answers, you have to use one of our support subscription plans. 

As to your questions: The Shortcuts component is no more available, because it is deprecated. We will update our product documentation accordingly. For more details on how to create and use shortcuts in Q1 2011, please refer to the following help article.

As to your second question - there is not a straight way of binding the menu to user privileges. However, you can customize the menu items and disable/remove them as you would like at run time according to your user account management.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Kind regards,
Martin Vasilev
the Telerik team
Q1’11 SP1 of RadControls for WinForms is available for download; also available is the Q2'11 Roadmap for Telerik Windows Forms controls.
Tags
Menu
Asked by
Renju Panicker
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Renju Panicker
Top achievements
Rank 1
Martin Vasilev
Telerik team