This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Winforms Q1 2011

4 Answers 76 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Ahmuser
Top achievements
Rank 1
Ahmuser asked on 21 Feb 2011, 12:05 PM
Can you tell me what the possible beta / release date would be for the Winfroms Q1 2011.

I am busy with a multi language app and would see this as a plus in my development.  I use a lot of RTL (right to left) languages in my app (like Arabic and Urdu) and some other languages.  Controls that support RTL  languages (efficiently) are very few. 

Some of your competitors claim that they support RTL, but when testing their products, they have failed miserably.  When writing to their support teams about problems experienced, the common excuse is - "this or that" has not yet been implemented for RTL languages.  Hopefully, you will have a workable solution that supports RTL in the true sense.

Is their any way to test a pre beta version.

Many thanks

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Richard Slade
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 21 Feb 2011, 12:16 PM
Hello,

Whilst I cannot tell you about the possibility of getting pre-release versions, I can inform you that the Q1 2011 release is planned for mid-March, though as far as I know the exact date is to be confirmed.

You can register for the Q1 2011 Webinar Week here and find out about the roadmap here

hope that helps
Richard
Stefan
Telerik team
answered on 23 Feb 2011, 11:05 AM
Hello Ahmuser,

Thank you for writing.

Richard is correct about the planned release date - mid March. There will be no Beta versions released in advance.

However, I would like to ask you to provide me with more information about the controls which your are using with right to left and the scenarios that you are trying to cover. This will allow me to check whether those are accomplished and provide you with additional information. Additionally, your feedback will be useful for future feature updates.

I am looking forward to your reply.

All the best,
Stefan
the Telerik team
Registration for Q1 2011 What’s New Webinar Week is now open. Mark your calendar for the week starting March 21st and book your seat for a walk through all the exciting stuff we ship with the new release!
Ahmuser
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 24 Feb 2011, 08:35 AM
It is probably difficult to determine exactly which components will be used but I would say the following should give an idea:

Most Important - must be able to handle multi language and both LTR and RTL:
- Buttons - All
- DropDown and List and MultiColumnComboBox
- Panels / Labels
- Gridview   - Extremely Important
- RadTextBox / RadSpinEditor - Extremely Important

Will be used in a RTL scenario
- PageView
- RadForm - RadForm / RadRibbonForm / RadTitleBar / RadStatusStrip / RadMessageBox
- RibbonBar
- Menus?

Probably will not be used:
Schedular
Chart
Reminder
Calendar
Desktop Aleart

Many thanks
Ivan Todorov
Telerik team
answered on 28 Feb 2011, 05:29 PM
Hi Ahmuser,

Thank you for your feedback.

One of our milestones for this release is implementing full RTL support of all our controls and hence the controls you have mentioned. By this moment only the RadScheduler has not been implemented in Right-to-Left mode, but we will do our best to implement it for this release. We are also facing issues with the RightToLeftLayout mode of the RadForm due to some unknown issues in the .NET framework.

I hope this answers your question. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.

Kind regards,
Ivan Todorov
the Telerik team
Registration for Q1 2011 What’s New Webinar Week is now open. Mark your calendar for the week starting March 21st and book your seat for a walk through all the exciting stuff we ship with the new release!
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Ahmuser
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Richard Slade
Top achievements
Rank 2
Stefan
Telerik team