This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Where is UpdateGroupPanel() in Q2 20008 Sp1 ?

1 Answer 54 Views
GridView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Panos Klaoudatos
Top achievements
Rank 2
Panos Klaoudatos asked on 24 Sep 2008, 01:12 PM
Hi,

I use a custom save/load layout of a RadGridView... Basically I save/load column and grid properties as an xml file in a database.

My problem is that when I load and set the Group By Expressions, the group panel appears over the column headers. If I resize the form or fill the grid with data, the group panel takes its proper position above the column headers.

Furthermore, the UpdateGroupPanel() seems to be missing from the grid as a method. Instead, it appears as an obsolete method of MasterGridViewTemplate.

I do use SuspendLayout() and ResumeLayout() befaore and after the loading.

How can I get around this? If the UpdateGroupPanel has to be used by the owner grid, where is this method in Q2 2008 SP1?

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Jack
Telerik team
answered on 25 Sep 2008, 01:39 PM
Hi Panos Klaoudatos,

Thank you for contacting us.

The UpdateGroupPanel is no longer needed. Since Q1 2008 the GroupByExpressions collection is an observable collection and when some expression is added or changed, it updates RadGridView automatically. You do not need to call the SuspendLayout and ResumeLayout methods either.

Follow these steps:
  1. Call the BeginUpdate method of the GridElement of RadGridView
  2. Load your custom layout
  3. Call the EndUpdate method of the GridElement of RadGridView
  4. Call the UpdateLayout method of the RootElement in RadGridView.

Consider the following code snippet:

radGridView1.GridElement.BeginUpdate(); 
//... 
radGridView1.GridElement.EndUpdate(); 
radGridView1.RootElement.UpdateLayout(); 

Our latest release Q2 2008 SP1 contains SaveLayout and LoadLayout methods which can save and load the grid layout. I recommend you to try these methods. Maybe they can save you some time. We also have an example on these in the examples' application.

I could not reproduce the issue of the grouping panel appearing over the column headers. It the issue persists, please send me your application in a new support ticklet. This will help finding any potential issue and addressing it faster.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

All the best,
Jack
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Tags
GridView
Asked by
Panos Klaoudatos
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Jack
Telerik team
Share this question
or