WCF RIA Services SL 4 VS 2010 Beta 2

3 posts, 0 answers
  1. Sean Lavies
    Sean Lavies avatar
    2 posts
    Member since:
    Dec 2009

    Posted 15 Dec 2009 Link to this post

    Hi,

    I am trying to build a prototype with your RadGridView control (version 2009.3.1211.1040) in SL 4, WCF RIA Services Preview, VS 2010 Beta 2.  Basically I have created a Silverlight Application project and let it create the web project for me.  In the web project I created an entity data model pointing to a few tables in a database.  Then I added a new Domain Service Class to the project pointing it to my entity data model.  It generates the code in the SL project fine.  I lay a RadGridView, DataPager, and DomainDataSource down on the page.  I have configured the DomainDataSource to pull data from my RIA Service in the web project, and bind it to RadGridView and DataPager. 

    When I run my project I can see the RadGridView skeleton but it never gets any data loaded and no columns are auto-generated.  The DataPager on the other hand seems to work fine in terms of I can see and accurate page count for the page size.  If I debug the app I can see the DomainDataSource's data property containing all the entities returned from the query.  When I assign this to my RadGridView's ItemsSource property in code I can also see all the items are populated as expected.  For some reason it isn't loading the data in the RadGridView though.  Is this a potential bug or am I doing something wrong? 

    I have used VS 2010 Beta 2 and successfully got the RadGridView working by using WCF Data Services.  I was having some issues getting the paging work work like I wanted so made an attempt to go with RIA Services since it seems to better manage data access from the middle tier.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated!
  2. Vlad
    Admin
    Vlad avatar
    11100 posts

    Posted 16 Dec 2009 Link to this post

    Hi Sean,

     Please upgrade to our latest internal build (or our official Q3 SP1) to fix these problems. You can try also our Silverlight 4 binaries.


    Kind regards,
    Vlad
    the Telerik team

    Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
    Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
  3. Sean Lavies
    Sean Lavies avatar
    2 posts
    Member since:
    Dec 2009

    Posted 16 Dec 2009 Link to this post

    Hi Vlad,

    I think it could be an issue with the Silverlight 4 binaries.  I had the Q3 2009 (1103) build installed.  Yesterday, I updated *only* the binaries with the Silverlight 4 (1211) binaries.  Then I ran into the issue I posted previously.  Today, I did a complete upgrade to the Q3 2009 SP1 (1208) build and everything works as expected with the same exact setup mentioned above.  As a final test I made a backup of the (1208) binaries in the Q3 2009 SP1 directory and replaced them with the (1211) Silverlight 4 binaries, ran my project, and again the same problem presented itself.  The RadGridView is not loading any data with these binaries.  I have switched back to the (1208) build for now which is fine for me.  Thought I would let you know of my testing with SL 4 binaries though.

    Thanks for your help!
Back to Top