This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

WCF RIA Services SL 4 VS 2010 Beta 2

2 Answers 83 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Sean Lavies
Top achievements
Rank 1
Sean Lavies asked on 15 Dec 2009, 09:03 PM
Hi,

I am trying to build a prototype with your RadGridView control (version 2009.3.1211.1040) in SL 4, WCF RIA Services Preview, VS 2010 Beta 2.  Basically I have created a Silverlight Application project and let it create the web project for me.  In the web project I created an entity data model pointing to a few tables in a database.  Then I added a new Domain Service Class to the project pointing it to my entity data model.  It generates the code in the SL project fine.  I lay a RadGridView, DataPager, and DomainDataSource down on the page.  I have configured the DomainDataSource to pull data from my RIA Service in the web project, and bind it to RadGridView and DataPager. 

When I run my project I can see the RadGridView skeleton but it never gets any data loaded and no columns are auto-generated.  The DataPager on the other hand seems to work fine in terms of I can see and accurate page count for the page size.  If I debug the app I can see the DomainDataSource's data property containing all the entities returned from the query.  When I assign this to my RadGridView's ItemsSource property in code I can also see all the items are populated as expected.  For some reason it isn't loading the data in the RadGridView though.  Is this a potential bug or am I doing something wrong? 

I have used VS 2010 Beta 2 and successfully got the RadGridView working by using WCF Data Services.  I was having some issues getting the paging work work like I wanted so made an attempt to go with RIA Services since it seems to better manage data access from the middle tier.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Vlad
Telerik team
answered on 16 Dec 2009, 07:22 AM
Hi Sean,

Please upgrade to our latest internal build (or our official Q3 SP1) to fix these problems. You can try also our Silverlight 4 binaries.

Kind regards,
Vlad
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
Sean Lavies
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 16 Dec 2009, 02:57 PM
Hi Vlad,

I think it could be an issue with the Silverlight 4 binaries.  I had the Q3 2009 (1103) build installed.  Yesterday, I updated *only* the binaries with the Silverlight 4 (1211) binaries.  Then I ran into the issue I posted previously.  Today, I did a complete upgrade to the Q3 2009 SP1 (1208) build and everything works as expected with the same exact setup mentioned above.  As a final test I made a backup of the (1208) binaries in the Q3 2009 SP1 directory and replaced them with the (1211) Silverlight 4 binaries, ran my project, and again the same problem presented itself.  The RadGridView is not loading any data with these binaries.  I have switched back to the (1208) build for now which is fine for me.  Thought I would let you know of my testing with SL 4 binaries though.

Thanks for your help!
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Sean Lavies
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Vlad
Telerik team
Sean Lavies
Top achievements