This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

VS2013 Reporting Q2

1 Answer 36 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Randy
Top achievements
Rank 1
Randy asked on 21 Jun 2014, 01:21 AM
I am installing Telerik Q2 reporting and am having problems.  If anyone can please let me know what I am missing or provide suggestion, I appreciate it. 

Upon completing the installation of Telerik Q2 Reporting, I open an existing Telerik reporting solution done using Q1.   I am getting the following issues:
1. "Telerik" is not displaying in my menu as it is with other developers.  We have tried a few things and cannot get VS2013 to recognize Telerik as an extension.  I have VS2010 and it does display it in the menu bar. 
2. The designer is throwing the following error when opening an existing report.  I looked in event viewer for more info, but nothing. 
This is all I am seeing: 

Stack: at System.ComponentModel.TypeDescriptor.AddAttributes(Object instance,
Attribute[] attributes)
at
Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.VSDesignSurface.CreateDesigner(IComponent
component, Boolean rootDesigner)
at
System.ComponentModel.Design.DesignerHost.AddToContainerPostProcess(IComponent
component, String name, IContainer containerToAddTo)
at
System.ComponentModel.Design.DesignerHost.PerformAdd(IComponent component,
String name)
at
System.ComponentModel.Design.DesignerHost.System.ComponentModel.Design.IDesignerHost.CreateComponent(Type
componentType, String name)
at
System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.DesignerSerializationManager.CreateInstance(Type
type, ICollection arguments, String name, Boolean addToContainer)
at
System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.DesignerSerializationManager.System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.IDesignerSerializationManager.CreateInstance(Type
type, ICollection arguments, String name, Boolean addToContainer)
at
System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.TypeCodeDomSerializer.Deserialize(IDesignerSerializationManager
manager, CodeTypeDeclaration declaration)
at
System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomDesignerLoader.PerformLoad(IDesignerSerializationManager
manager)
at
Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.VSCodeDomDesignerLoader.PerformLoad(IDesignerSerializationManager
serializationManager)
at
Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.VSCodeDomDesignerLoader.DeferredLoadHandler.Microsoft.VisualStudio.TextManager.Interop.IVsTextBufferDataEvents.OnLoadCompleted(Int32
fReload)

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Stef
Telerik team
answered on 25 Jun 2014, 08:31 AM
Hi Randy,

Please verify the project covers the system requirements, which are updated as of Telerik Reporting Q2 2013. Also note there is officially support for Visual Studio 2013 as of Telerik Reporting Q3 2013.

If the above requirements are fulfilled you can run the Upgrade Wizard or manually upgrade the project. Our recommendation is to download the latest available Telerik Reporting build - Q2 2014 version 8.1.14.620 where we fixed an issue with design-time parameters values.

Let us know if you need any further help.

Regards,
Stef
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Randy
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Stef
Telerik team
Share this question
or