This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

VS2013 compatibility

22 Answers 358 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Henrique Duarte
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
Henrique Duarte asked on 21 Jul 2013, 02:06 PM
Is the new version compatible with VS2013?
If not, do you have some roadmap to share?
I tried to use the Nuget Package to install on my project, but I´m getting null exception on code: @Html.Kendo()

22 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Dimo
Telerik team
answered on 23 Jul 2013, 06:45 AM
Hi Henrique,

There is no problem to install Kendo UI MVC on a machine with VS 2013.

The Kendo UI for ASP.NET MVC VS Extensions currently do not support VS 2013. This means that you won't be able to use the Telerik menu and the commands it provides, and also the Telerik project templates. Our policy is to support related third-party products (Visual Studio, browsers) in RTM stage only, so you can expect the Kendo UI MVC Visual Studio extensions in one of our next official releases.

Regards,
Dimo
Telerik
Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!
Dan Arnold
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 27 Oct 2013, 04:19 AM
I think you should rethink that RM policy. I'll be using DevExpress, which is ready for VS2013 and is a great product too.
Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
answered on 28 Oct 2013, 07:13 AM
Hi,

I need to make an important clarification.

Kendo UI Complete for ASP.NET MVC supports the following versions of Visual Studio:

Currently we provide an assembly which is built against System.Web.Mvc.dll v 3.x. This assembly can be used in ASP.NET MVC 4 and 5 applications with the proper binding redirects. I have attached a sample ASP.NET MVC 5 VS2013 solution which uses Kendo UI Complete for ASP.NET MVC.

In the next official release Q3 2013 will ship with assemblies built against ASP.NET MVC 3, 4 and 5. This means that binding redirect won't be necessary any more. We will also include sample projects for Visual Studio 2012 and 2013.

The Kendo UI Visual Studio Extensions currently do not support VS2013. We will release such support shortly after the Q3 2013 release (which is due at the end of November).

I hope this helps,

Atanas Korchev
Telerik
Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!
Nikolai
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 02 Nov 2013, 12:21 AM
Is there any usable beta version? We just started evaluating the Kendoui complete version and we will use only VS 2013 and ASP.NET MVC 5. I have to recommend the final decision within the next 7 days and have the "honor" to build a prototype of a dashboard with your grid and some DataWiz charts. On the other hand if I understood you correctly it should just work just without any VS shell extensions, correct? 
Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
answered on 04 Nov 2013, 07:38 AM
Hi,

Yes you can try the latest BETA version. However the current official release will also work with VS2013 and ASP.NET MVC 5. The visual studio integration (wizards and project templates) is what is currently missing.

Regards,
Atanas Korchev
Telerik
Ólafur Gíslason
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Nov 2013, 08:45 AM
As it is only 2 weeks to launch do you have any ETA on the VS2013 extensions for us who are dying to try?
Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
answered on 06 Nov 2013, 10:35 AM
Hi,

The Q3 2013 release won't include the VS2013 Kendo UI extensions. The tentative ETA is mid December. We will release them in the visual studio gallery and as an internal build.

Regards,
Atanas Korchev
Telerik
Mike
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Nov 2013, 03:53 PM
What changes did you make to the sample application to get it to work in VS2013?

I can get your sample application working but I cannot then reproduce what you have done in my own app.

Cheers Mike
Sebastian
Telerik team
answered on 12 Nov 2013, 04:05 PM
We configured a separate ASP.NET MVC 5 solution/project which resides in the wrappers\aspnetmvc\Examples\VS2013 folder of the Q3'13 Beta installment. Thus you can use this project to run the offline version of the demos in VS 2013.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Sebastian
Telerik
Mike
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Nov 2013, 05:38 PM
Thanks for that, however it would still be really useful to know what steps I have to make to a new, clean MVC5 project in order to get the Telerik controls to work in it?

Also I have a couple of questions about the beta install;

1. When is the full version due for release?
2. What is going to be different between the full version and the beta?
3. What are the licensing implications of the beta? i.e. can it be used for live applications, or only testing?

Cheers Mike
Mike
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Nov 2013, 06:06 PM
OK I have figured out what was needed. What would be really good now is some idea as to what all the css and js files do so I can then decide if I need them in my application or not.

Cheers Mike
I T DEPARTMENT
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Nov 2013, 04:43 PM
Mike, can you share what you needed to do. I am having the same problem. I have gone over the info here but still cannot get everything in place. Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Vann B.
Amar
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 Nov 2013, 08:34 AM
http://docs.kendoui.com/getting-started/using-kendo-with/aspnet-mvc/asp-net-mvc-5

Till the integration arrives...

Regards
Amar

--Edit--
There is a little more to do after following these steps
1. change "kendo.all.min.js" to "kendo.web.min.js" - web file is there in the folder copied.
2. there is another file required for advanced things to work - like filtering and sorting on a grid "kendo.aspnetmvc.min.js" - its ref is there in bundleconfig.cs but file is nowhere to found- try getting it from an older project of yours.
Mohan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Dec 2013, 12:40 PM
It is December 12th. Do you have any official announcement for the mid
December Release date for VS2013 Kendo UI MVC5 extensions.
We would  like to know the tentative time frame so as to decide whether
 to proceed with the available alternatives
and then re-factor with Kendo MVC5 extension.
Mohan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Dec 2013, 12:41 PM

It is December 12th. Do you have any official announcement for the mid 
December Release date for VS2013 Kendo UI MVC5 extensions. 
We would  like to know the tentative time frame so as to decide whether
 to proceed with the available alternatives
and then re-factor with Kendo MVC5 extension.
Topher
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Dec 2013, 06:03 PM
Greetings!

We are also looking to hear about an update with the complete integration with VS2013 and MVC5. This is a requirement for several new projects and we need to plan accordingly. Please provide an update. Thank you!
steffen
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 Dec 2013, 12:24 AM
Here the same we have many new MVC5 Project. And manuell Integration does not working well for us.
Really Need Integration .. in time.
Petar
Telerik team
answered on 13 Dec 2013, 08:11 AM
Hi all,

There will be a short delay in the release of the Kendo UI VS extensions for Visual Studio 2013 due to a larger work load on our side. We are currently working on the new functionality and plan for release in mid January. If we don't encounter any major impediments we may deliver the new version before the Christmas holidays.

Thank you for your patience. Please excuse the inconvenience caused.

Regards,
Petar
Telerik
IT Buyer
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 Dec 2013, 05:53 PM
If I go ahead with manual setup for KendoUI with MVC5 in VS2013, will the telerik VS integration "just work" in the future with this project when I want to utilize wizards and product updates from the Telerik menu in VS2013?
Sebastian
Telerik team
answered on 14 Dec 2013, 02:14 PM
It should be, in general. In any case you should be able to use the Convert Project wizard to configure the project accordingly and receive notifications for product updates via the extensions.

Regards,
Sebastian
Telerik
Bryan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 16 Dec 2013, 09:24 PM
Hi, I followed the steps listed in "Kendo UI in ASP.NET MVC 5 applications". But I notice there is nothing about copying the editor templates. Is that an oversight or are they not compatible with MVC5/VS2013?
Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
answered on 17 Dec 2013, 07:57 AM
Hi Bryan,

The editor templates are compatible with MVC 5. You can try them.

The help topic doesn't use any editor templates and this is why copying them is not part of the procedure.

Regards,
Atanas Korchev
Telerik
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Henrique Duarte
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
Answers by
Dimo
Telerik team
Dan Arnold
Top achievements