This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

VS2010 .NET 4 Issue

8 Answers 208 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Daniel Vaughan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Daniel Vaughan asked on 11 Feb 2010, 03:46 PM
I have two projects in Visual Studio 2010 RC, and they are identical in all respects apart from one targeting .NET 3.5 and the other .NET 4.0. I have a reference in both to Telerik.OpenAccess 2009.3.1119.2, and both are Orm enabled from the OpenAccess menu.
The .NET 3.5 builds without any problems. The .NET 4.0 project has a build error:
Error 1 Unknown build error, 'Could not load type 'System.Collections.Specialized.INotifyCollectionChanged' from assembly 'System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'. Line 6 Position 67.'  D:\DevelopmentTestProjects\Dotnet4Test\Dotnet4Test\MainWindow.xaml 6 67 Dotnet4Test

Please tell me why.

Regards,
Daniel Vaughan

8 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Jan Blessenohl
Telerik team
answered on 12 Feb 2010, 08:25 AM
Hi Daniel Vaughan,
This seems to be a problem in the Microsoft Xaml compiler. I have opened a support ticket at Microsoft and expect an answer today. As soon as I have a reaction I will try to solve this issus.

Greetings,
Jan Blessenohl
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Jan Blessenohl
Telerik team
answered on 13 Feb 2010, 01:41 PM
Hello Daniel Vaughan,
Did you close your on ticket at Microsoft?

Regards,
Jan Blessenohl
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Daniel Vaughan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 Feb 2010, 02:02 PM
Hi Jan,

I don't have a ticket. I see that the issue on connect has been marked as Resolved as Not Reproducible. I don't know why.
Jan Blessenohl
Telerik team
answered on 16 Feb 2010, 09:04 AM
Hello Daniel Vaughan,
Good news, the MS guys are working on it.

Best wishes,
Jan Blessenohl
the Telerik team

Garry Clark
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 Mar 2010, 08:44 PM
Jan,
Any word on this as I am now getting this error?

Unknown build error, 'Could not load type 'System.Collections.Specialized.INotifyCollectionChanged' from assembly 'System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'

Thanks!
Jan Blessenohl
Telerik team
answered on 01 Apr 2010, 04:15 PM
Hi Garry Clark,
Microsoft has fixed it but it is not available in an official release at the moment. If you have access to a newer version of VS (>RC) it will work.

All the best,
Jan Blessenohl
the Telerik team

Garry Clark
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Apr 2010, 04:37 PM
Jan,
Thanks for getting back to me. Apparently MSDN does nto have the latest and greatest out there. What avenues are avilable to get the patched version if possible?

Thanks!
Jan Blessenohl
Telerik team
answered on 06 Apr 2010, 04:20 PM
Hi Garry Clark,
You have to wait another week to get the RTM version via msdn I guess.

Best wishes,
Jan Blessenohl
the Telerik team

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Daniel Vaughan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Jan Blessenohl
Telerik team
Daniel Vaughan
Top achievements
Rank 1