This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

VS 2017 and Telerik Reporting R3 2017. Not able to add new report

3 Answers 684 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Jagadeesh
Top achievements
Rank 1
Jagadeesh asked on 31 May 2018, 08:27 PM

We were using VS 2015 with Reporting R3 2016 before. Recently we upgraded to VS 2017 and Telerik Reporting R3 2017.

After this upgrade we are not able to add new telerik report.

when we try to add new report by selecting Add ==> new item ==> Telerik Reporting R3 2017 (blank) we get below error.

Error: Incorrect version. The target project is using different Telerik Reporting version. Before adding this template the project should be upgraded
with the Upgrade Wizard or you should choose item template for the correct Telerik Reporting version.

Please help me here!

Jagadeesh

Mark
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Veteran
commented on 24 Mar 2022, 04:55 PM

I am having the same issue with R3 2020 SP1, in fact all our developers are.  So, this is what I tried.  Uninstall all telerik reporting on my computer, then install only the version the one that our solution/projects are using.  (i had multiple versions and we have multiple applications at different levels of Telerik Reporting).  That seemed to work for me
Neli
Telerik team
commented on 28 Mar 2022, 11:49 AM

Hi,

If the error is:

Failed to create component ReportViewer. The error message follows: "System.IO.FileNotFoundException:
Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik,Reporting.Design.VisualStudio, Version={Version}, Culture=neutral' or one of its assemblies"

you can test the approach from the Failed to create component ReportViewerKB article.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Silviya
Telerik team
answered on 05 Jun 2018, 11:30 AM
Hello Jagadeesh,

The error message shown by the designer contains the solution to the issue:
"Error: Incorrect version. The target project is using different Telerik Reporting version. Before adding this the project should be upgraded with the Upgrade Wizard or you should choose item template for the correct Telerik Reporting version."

Please open the folder of the solution and search the Web Application's CSPROJ file. Load the CSPROJ file in a Text editor and check if the project references the correct same versions of Telerik Reporting assemblies. Then you will have to use the VS item template of the same version.
If your current version is from R3 2016 release, you should use only the item template of this version.

To make sure that the project is upgraded successfully (for example R3 2017) run the Upgrade Wizard in Visual Studio. The Wizard will replace the references and also update the project’s config file and all resx files with references to Telerik Reporting assemblies.

Regards,
Silviya
Progress Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Adrian Segovia
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Dec 2019, 05:08 PM
what should I do when the wizaed does not show the latest installed telerik reporting version?
Adrian Segovia
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Dec 2019, 05:10 PM
Nevermind
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Jagadeesh
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by