This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

VS 2010 - SL4 controls use

2 Answers 159 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Griffith Townsend
Top achievements
Rank 1
Griffith Townsend asked on 26 Jan 2010, 05:04 PM
I'm trying to implement a RadGridView in a VS2010/SL4 assembly and I keep getting an error when Telerik assemblies are added:

"Could not load file or assembly 'System.Windows, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."

In looking in the forums, I noticed a comment for the SL3 version of the Telerik assemblies that there is no need to include the System.Windows, Controls, Input, and Data references in the project, as the Telerik assemblies include them. Is this also the case with v4? My base control project has a lot of references to the base SL4 functionality, and I don't want to lose anything in adding the RadGridView. 

Can you give me an indication of how to adjust the solution so that it compiles without issue? It compiles with no problems once I remove the Telerik references (and the grid view, unfortunately). 

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Missing User
answered on 26 Jan 2010, 05:54 PM
Hi Griffith Townsend,

Could you please take a look at the solution that is mentioned in this forum thread. ,
i.e run gacutil -i on the following two files:

c:\Program Files\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\Silverlight\v4.0\system.core.dll
and
c:\Program Files\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\Silverlight\v4.0\system.windows.dll

It might work for your case as well.

Hope this helps.

Greetings,
Anastasia
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
Bronagh
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 16 Sep 2010, 07:37 PM
I ran the utility on the System.Windows.dll as well as you two you mentioned and it resolved the issue for me

thanks
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Griffith Townsend
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Missing User
Bronagh
Top achievements
Rank 1