This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

VisualStudio2012Light Theme increased height

6 Answers 50 Views
Themes and Visual Style Builder
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Leandro
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leandro asked on 20 Aug 2018, 03:43 PM

Hey guys,my entire application is using VisualStudio2012Light theme of telerik 2015 and it's ok, the problem is when I upgrade to 2018, because it has increased size, and most of my controls get over each other. Can someone give me a version of this theme without the increased size? I want to use 2018 theme version because of clear buttons and etc...

6 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Dimitar
Telerik team
answered on 21 Aug 2018, 08:05 AM
Hi Leandro,

The sizes in the theme are not changed and the theme should look the same way with both versions. Please note that we have introduced a HDPI support in Q2 2017 and I believe that this is causing the disturbed layout.

In order to test this, you can disable the DPI scaling by setting the following property in your main form:
public RadForm1()
{
    RadControl.EnableDpiScaling = false;
    InitializeComponent();
}

Detailed information about this is available here:
I hope this will be useful. 

Regards,
Dimitar
Progress Telerik
Get quickly onboard and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
Leandro
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Aug 2018, 12:24 AM
Nop, it didn't. 
Leandro
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Aug 2018, 12:25 AM
If I only change theme dll to 2015 version, it's all fine. That's why I'm saying the theme is changed
Accepted
Dimitar
Telerik team
answered on 22 Aug 2018, 11:28 AM
Hello Leandro,

I have tested this and indeed the editors are 2 pixels higher. This is because of an issue and now the editors are 24 pixels high in this theme. What you can do is to edit the theme and remove the MinSize of the desired controls. The attached image shows where you can find that MinSize. 

The following articles show how you can extract and edit the predefined themes:
I hope this will be useful.

Regards,
Dimitar
Progress Telerik
Get quickly onboard and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
Leandro
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Aug 2018, 11:57 AM
the bad thing it's not a repository property, but thanks, I'll do it later.
Accepted
Dimitar
Telerik team
answered on 23 Aug 2018, 06:24 AM
Hello Leandro,

Yes, indeed it would have been easier if this setting was in a repository item. Nevertheless, do not hesitate to contact us if you have other questions.

Regards,
Dimitar
Progress Telerik
Tags
Themes and Visual Style Builder
Asked by
Leandro
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Dimitar
Telerik team
Leandro
Top achievements
Rank 1