This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Visual Studio 2017 Install Errors (urgent please)

2 Answers 62 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Developer
Top achievements
Rank 1
Developer asked on 20 Mar 2018, 09:05 AM

Hi,
I have just installed Visual Studio 2017.  When I try to install any of my previous components (WPF, Winform, AJAX etc…) via the control panel it goes through the download process but then errors.

The error it gives is ‘Notify Visual Studio to merge the Visual Studio packages failure.’

I’m using the latest verison of the contol panel and version 2017.1.221 of the component.

Please help (urgently).

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Vesko
Telerik team
answered on 20 Mar 2018, 01:01 PM
Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

The error you encountered is already fixed in the newer versions of our installers. However if you want to install exactly the version 2017.1.221 you have to uncheck the "Visual Studio 2017 [edition] Support" features in Progress Control Panel for each of the products you want to install. The "Visual Studio 2017 [edition] Support" features appear in the second page of the Control Panel (after you click on the PROCEED button). This is required because the error is caused by the part of the installation process related to the Visual Studio 2017 integration.

By skipping "Visual Studio 2017 [edition] Support" features you won't have Visual Studio 2017 extensions installed and you need to install them manually if required. Here is how to install the extensions manually:

1. Launch Visual Studio 2017.
  2. Launch Extensions and Updates (Tools | Extension and Updates...).
  3. Navigate to Online.
  4. Search for 'telerik' and choose the product extension (for example Telerik WPF VSExtensions).
  5. Click on Download. Your changes will be scheduled and they will take place after you restart Visual Studio.

Please let us know you need additional assistance.

Regards,
Vesko
Progress Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Developer
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Mar 2018, 05:19 PM
Thank you, I have now installed it.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Developer
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by