This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Visual Studio 2015 crashes

6 Answers 155 Views
Installer and VS Extensions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Viral
Top achievements
Rank 1
Viral asked on 06 Oct 2016, 05:19 AM

When i simply try to open "Demos - UI for ASP.Net MVC" project/solution in VS 2015 (community edition), It just crashes. Similar behavior also is there when i try to create new project with Telerik options in VS 2015. Is this a known issue? Any work around?

What i tried so far before posting here :-)

1) I repaired my VS 2015 but did not help.

2) I also repaired Telerik - UI for ASP.Net MVC from Telerik control panel that led me to restart machine in the end but it also did not fix it.

Thanks much in advance for any help on this.

Viral

6 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Vessy
Telerik team
answered on 06 Oct 2016, 08:08 AM
Hi Viral,

The problem you are facing is most probably related to a corrupted state of our Visual Studio extensions.
I would suggest is to reinstall the our extensions going through this steps:
  1. Open Visual Studio
  2. Go to Tools > Extensions and Updates
  3. Uninstall all Telerik Visual Studio extensions 
  4. Restart Visual Studio
  5. Go to Tools > Extensions and Updates
  6. Click on the Online node
  7. Search and install all Telerik extensions that you need (screenshot attached)

If this does not help, please disable all notifications related options for the Visual Studio extensions. You can review the Visual Studio Extensions Options documentation article for more details on this.

I hope this helps. Let me know in case further assistance on this matter will be needed.

Regards,
Vessy
Telerik by Progress
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Arif
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Oct 2016, 06:23 PM

I tried the above and I am still having the same issue.  I installed Visual Studio Enterprise on a new computer.  Same issue.

I reinstalled Telerik from control panel on another computer with VS2015 Community.  It asked for some MVC components.

It ran OK for a day then broke again.

Vessy
Telerik team
answered on 11 Oct 2016, 03:23 PM
Hello Derrick,

Can you elaborate a bit on the exact issue you are facing? Does your Visual studio crash when you open a project containing our controls, or are there any missing controls errors thrown? Or is the problematic behavior different than that?

Regards,
Vessy
Telerik by Progress
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Beto
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 11 Oct 2016, 04:14 PM

I have exactly the same problem. It´s curious... the, for example, grids works until you shut up the visual studio... from there you can´t open it again!.  It continuisly crashes!. 

Ia am testing the trial version downloaded a week ago!. 

Vessy
Telerik team
answered on 12 Oct 2016, 02:43 PM
Hi Beto,

Did you try to reinstall the Telerik VS Extentions like explained in one of my previous replies here and restarting your machine after that? What is the result after that?
http://www.telerik.com/forums/visual-studio-2015-crashes#Ql4RMQUFF0qTvJ4My22uNA

Regards,
Vessy
Telerik by Progress
Arif
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Oct 2016, 03:01 PM

Yes,  it works now.

Thanks.

Tags
Installer and VS Extensions
Asked by
Viral
Top achievements
Rank 1