This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

View created DB in VS 2013 Server explorer

2 Answers 61 Views
Data Storage for XAML
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Perry
Top achievements
Rank 2
Perry asked on 21 Sep 2013, 11:32 AM
Hi,

I am currently working on a project with Data Storage for XAML and it would help me tremendously if I could see the database tables with their data. Is there a way I can connect to it via the Data Connections Wizard in Server Explorer in Visual Studio 2013 RC?

Thank you,
Perry van der Meeren

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Bulent
Telerik team
answered on 23 Sep 2013, 01:31 PM
Hi Perry,

Thank you for your question.

You are right that it is very helpful for developers to be able to observe the database tables and data during development process, but currently there is no way to do this from Server Explorer of VS 2013. 
What I will suggest you as an acceptable solution is a small and free Add-on of Firefox browser called "SQLite Manager" that you can download from Add-ons section of the browser. For more information please visit the following address: SQLite Manager Add-on. With this tool you can open your database files located in your metro app's package folder and browse the existing schema and data via convenient UI. 
It is a good idea to follow the updates of SQLite ADO.NET adapter from this site: SQLite ADO.NET adapter too.

I hope this helps. Please, let me know if I can help you any further.

Regards,

Bulent
Telerik

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading Telerik DevCraft Ultimate.

Perry
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 26 Sep 2013, 03:18 PM
Thank you Bulent for the explanation and link.
This will work for me and maybe there will be a more Visual Studio integrated solution in the future.

With friendly regards,
Perry van der Meeren
Tags
Data Storage for XAML
Asked by
Perry
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Bulent
Telerik team
Perry