Value Axis Autoscaling does not work in 2013.2

3 posts, 0 answers
  1. Pascal
    Pascal avatar
    8 posts

Posted 31 Jul 2013 Link to this post

Hello Everyone,

I just upgraded from 2013.1 to 2013.2 and after the update my Chart's valueAxis don't scale to the values automatically. When I set min and max manually it works as expected and all values are within the visible area. In the previous release the value axis automatically scaled so that all values where visible. Did I miss a change and need to configure autoscaling somehow. I was not able to find anything in the docs.

I hope you can help me,

Best regards,

Pascal
  2. Iliana Nikolova
    Admin
    Iliana Nikolova avatar
    2622 posts

Posted 01 Aug 2013 Link to this post

Hello Pascal,

I am not quite sure what causes the issue in your application - I checked and valueAxis is scaled as expected. For your convenience here is my test jsBin example - please modify it and show me your custom implementation. This way I would be able to check what exactly is going wrong and advice you further.

Regards,
    Iliana Nikolova
    Telerik
    Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!
  3. Pascal
    Pascal avatar
    8 posts

Posted 06 Aug 2013 Link to this post

Hi Iliana,

you already gave a good hint to my collegues by email. I modified the corresponding jsbin to reproduce the problem and it was caused by the value field being a string.

Best regards,

Pascal