We have an issue in our application where the validation tooltip does not hide even after the data is corrected.
Following are the controls involved and the flow that causes the issue to be shown:
1. We had a kendo grid on our page that we created using the MVC HTML helpers
2. The grid has a editor template ( which is another view ) and the edit mode is pop-up.
3. On the editor pop-up, we have a textbox whose max string length is 50 characters.
4. The application is running on Chrome.
5. When I edit a row the editor pop-up opens with the values populated in the respective fields.
6. I add 51 characters in the field with max length of 50 characters. This causes the kendo validator to show the tooltip with the validation message for maximum allowed length.
7. I delete a character from the textbox such that the resultant length of the string is 50 characters, which is the max allowed number of characters, and so I expect that when I lose focus (tab out or click on some other location in the page), the tooltip will dissapear. However, the tooltip is still open even after the focus has been moved out of the textbox.
8. I again set focus in the textbox and delete another character such that the resultant length of the string is now 49 characters. I lose focus from the text box (tab out or click on some other location in the web page) and I the tooltip is now removed (hidden).
Unfortunately, this is not an issue that I could reproduce (since it's inconsistent) and hence I could not create a dojo.
Could you please look into this and let me know if this is a known issue and the solution to this problem,
This behaviour, as I've said, is inconsistent and is occurring across multiple locations in the application.
I was trying to find a link that would explain how kendo initializes it's validators on it's editor templates so that I could debug the locations to understand the flow of code or the conditions that trigger the validations.
Any help would be appreciated.