* WinForms 2009 Q1 SP1 (2009.1 414)
* VS 2008 SP1
* Windows XP Pro SP3
RadForm grabs a sliver of the surrounding area and retains it with the form, making it ugly. It happens when you have the form's MaximumSize property set, and you maximize the form. To reproduce:
* Start a vanilla VB Winforms project
* Drag a RadButton onto the form, then delete the button (this auto sets refs to Telerik assemblies)
* In Form1.Designer.vb, make the form inherit from Telerik.WinControls.RadForm
* Set the .MaximumSize property for Form1 to (400,300)
* Size Form1 smaller than this in the design environment, say, (200, 200)
* Run the project
* Move the form over something w/variation - you won't see the bug very well if the form is over a solid area
* Maximize the form
* On the right and bottom, you'll now see artifacts grabbed from the surrounding area, which are now persistent on the form.
The error occurs w/both w/the default Vista skin and Office Black.
A bitmap illustrating the issue is one folder down in the zip file, which also contains a sample VS2008 project:
If you don't fix this, I'll have to redo my form as a vanilla WinForm. When shall I expect a fix for this?
-James Frater, Creative Software Solutions csoftwares.com