This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Urgent: Release configuration throws Exception 0x8007007E

7 Answers 56 Views
DataStorage
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Alessandro
Top achievements
Rank 2
Alessandro asked on 28 May 2015, 10:45 AM

Hi,

Today I was preparing my Windows 8.1 app package with release configuration (x86) to go in production stage, so in Visual Studio I set up the release configuration with x86 CPU and it builds.

Unfortunately when I run the app in release mode the access to DataStorage (and SqlLite) fails throwing exception "Unable to load .... error 0x8007007E".

Any other change in configuration of my solution and project did not help at all.

I've tested also a new blank Universal App project referencing the 2 dll about the Telerik DataStorage as Always. In Debug configuration it works without problems but if I change Platform configuration into Release it gives me the same issue.

I'm using the last release of UI for Windows Universal.

Please can you help me with this issue? I think it's a serious bug/issue since it affects blank projects too.

Thank you in advance.

Alessandro

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Ivaylo Gergov
Telerik team
answered on 29 May 2015, 07:52 AM
Hello Alessandro,

We are aware of this issue and we have fixed it. The fix will be available with our internal build which will be released later today or on Monday. 

Thank you for your feedback. Please, let me know should you have any other questions.

Regards,
Ivaylo Gergov
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Alessandro
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 29 May 2015, 09:11 AM

Hi Ivaylo,

thank you for your prompt reply.

I need asap your fix as I have to go in production stage next week on 3 June.

Please advice me when you have your internal build ready and how to get it.

Thanks in advcance.

Alessandro

Ves
Telerik team
answered on 03 Jun 2015, 08:08 AM
Hi Alessandro,

The build in question is live. You can go to Products & Subscriptions > UI for Windows Universal.
On the right, select Latest Internal Build.
This week's internal build will bi displayed in the list below, look for 2015.1.529.xx

Best regards,
Ves
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Alessandro
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 03 Jun 2015, 12:59 PM

Hi,

I've really appreciated your effort .

Regards

Alessandro

Will
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Jul 2015, 03:26 PM

Ves and Allesandro - 

Were you able to get this working? I downloaded the hotfix and updated the application to reference the updated SDK. However I am still getting the same error in Release configuration on both the emulator and on the device.

I've attached a screenshot of an app that is reproducing the problem. It is just displaying the version number of the Storage dll and then listing the contents of the install directory. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated as we are close to submitting to the store.

Will
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Jul 2015, 04:43 PM
I was able to figure this one out. The hot fix did not replace the Telerik.Storage.WindowsPhone.dll and Telerik_Storage.winmd in the redist folder. I manually moved those over from the internal build download and the correct version was packaged when deploying the app. 
Vladislav
Telerik team
answered on 03 Jul 2015, 09:19 AM
Hi Will,

Currently we provide automatic installation/replace/upgrade of the existing binaries for official releases only. For hot fixes/internal build releases you should manually replace old binaries with the new ones, exactly as you did.

Regards,
Vladislav
Telerik
Tags
DataStorage
Asked by
Alessandro
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Ivaylo Gergov
Telerik team
Alessandro
Top achievements
Rank 2