This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

upgrading from q3 2007 to q1 2008

5 Answers 107 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
andreas
Top achievements
Rank 1
andreas asked on 19 May 2008, 05:38 PM
hi,

i've developed an application using radcontrols for winforms q3 2007. now i've bought radcontrols for winforms q1 2008.

now do i have to reinlcude all controls in my forms new? how can i use the new version of radcontrols in my existing application which was developed with the old version?

thanks, andreas

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Steffen Treuth
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 May 2008, 08:36 AM
hi again,

nobody has answered my question yet, so i ask it again because it is very urgent!

what do i have to do to be able to use the q1 2008 version of radcontrols for winforms in an application that was developed with the q3 2007 version?

thank you

andreas
Martin Vasilev
Telerik team
answered on 21 May 2008, 11:11 AM
Hello Andreas,

Thank you for writing.

To upgrade your current project with new version you could follow the steps below:
  • Download and install the new version of RadControl suite. The latest version is Q1 2008 Service Pack 1 and I recommend it, as it addresses a number of issues.
  • In your project, change all Telerik's references to new version assemblies.
  • Try to compile the project. If there are any errors, change the code keeping in mind the breaking changes of RadControls. You could find a detailed list in the release notes section or download the changes in the RadGridView document.

Moreover, you could find additional information on how to upgrade the assemblies and the references to them in your project in the following KB_Article.

Please use our support system, when you need a quick response to your questions. It has a higher priority than forums. General information on using Telerik forums you can find here

If you have other questions, do not hesitate to contact me again.

Regards,

Martin Vasilev
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
andreas
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 May 2008, 03:38 PM
hello again,

the steps to upgrade you described don't work. with the new version of radcontrols i even can't open my main form in designer because there are errors:

ErrorImage One or more errors encountered while loading the designer. The errors are listed below. Some errors can be fixed by rebuilding your project, while others may require code changes.

value is lower than the minimum available value

Hide    

at System.ComponentModel.ReflectPropertyDescriptor.SetValue(Object component, Object value)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.DeserializePropertyAssignStatement(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, CodeAssignStatement statement, CodePropertyReferenceExpression propertyReferenceEx, Boolean reportError)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.DeserializeAssignStatement(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, CodeAssignStatement statement)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.DeserializeStatement(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, CodeStatement statement)
andreas
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 May 2008, 03:43 PM
hi,

i am trying to solve another error with the new version:  "e.CellElement.Value" produces an error... is the new property "e.CellElement.TEXT" ?

thank you,

andreas
Martin Vasilev
Telerik team
answered on 26 May 2008, 11:09 AM
Hi Andreas,

You could find additional information in our "Breaking changes in RadGridView" document that GridCellElement.Value is removed. You could use GridDataCellElement.Value instead.

If you still experience a design-time exception in your form, you could try to perform a clean install of the RadControls suite:
  • Uninstall all versions of Telerik controls
  • Clean your GAC, and your ...\Program files\Telerik directory from all Telerik assemblies
  • Install latest version Q1 2008 Service Pack 1
  • Clean and rebuild your solution
  • Restart Visual Studio

Please let me know if this does not solve your issue.

If you have other questions, do not hesitate to contact me again.

Best wishes,

Martin Vasilev
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
andreas
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Steffen Treuth