This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Upgrading from Q1 2014 to Q2 2015 Parameter Issue

3 Answers 44 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Mike
Top achievements
Rank 2
Mike asked on 24 Jun 2015, 04:52 PM

I recently upgraded from Q1 2014 to Q2 2015 and now I am having issues on any reports that I prompt for parameters. In the past when I opened the report, I would get an error, but the user could enter the parameters and then properly run the report (See ss1.png). Now I just get an error and no parameters (see ss2.png). Here is what I use for my display code in my MVC Razor page:

@(Html.TelerikReporting().ReportViewer().Id("reportViewer1").ServiceUrl("/api/reports/").TemplateUrl("/scripts/reportviewer/templates/telerikReportViewerTemplate-9.1.15.624.html").ReportSource(new TypeReportSource() { TypeName = "PortalReports.HelpDesk.DeptTicketSummary, PortalReports"}).ViewMode(ViewModes.INTERACTIVE).ScaleMode(ScaleModes.FIT_PAGE_WIDTH).PersistSession(false))

What am I missing? The only thing that has changed is the version.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Mike
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 24 Jun 2015, 04:58 PM
I want to make sure I am clear. I want the user to enter in parameters before running the report. 
Mike
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 24 Jun 2015, 07:58 PM
I figured out I needed to add .ParametersAreaVisible(true) to the the Html.TelerikReporting().ReportViewer(), then it works like before. However, is there a better practice so that error message won't show at all?
Nasko
Telerik team
answered on 25 Jun 2015, 07:13 AM
Hello Mike,

The described behavior turns out to be a bug introduced in Telerik Reporting Q2 2015. We are going to log the issue in our system for improvement and address it in the next official release of the product.

Your Telerik points are updated to thank you for reporting the issue.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Regards,
Nasko
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Mike
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Mike
Top achievements
Rank 2
Nasko
Telerik team