This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Updated Telerik via Control panel and now Visual Studio 2019 not responding?

3 Answers 140 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Rob A.
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Veteran
Rob A. asked on 20 Oct 2020, 03:39 AM

After I update Telerik Control panel and several products (no issues reported).  Then I went to open one of my UI for WPF projects and/or UI for UWP projects and VS 2019 starts to load the project then just gets into a "Not Responding" state.  Waited 15 minutes, still same not responding so I had to "end task".

Any ideas of what the Telerik updates may have done to my VS environment?

Cheers, Rob.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Vesko
Telerik team
answered on 22 Oct 2020, 03:49 PM

Hi Rob,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with the responsiveness of Visual Studio. Most probably this is caused by a problem that we are currently working on. Until we resolve the problem you can disable the Telerik UI for WPF Extension from the Visual Studio extensions manager (Extensions -> Manage Extensions -> Installed).

To find more about the problem, please, let us know:

• How exactly you open your project? By double-clicking on a solution file, from the File menu or maybe another method?
  • How many projects are there in your solution?
  • What Telerik extensions are installed in your Visual Studio? You can check that in Manage Extensions.
  • What is the exact version of your Visual Studio 2019?

Regards,
Vesko
Progress Telerik

Virtual Classroom, the free self-paced technical training that gets you up to speed with Telerik and Kendo UI products quickly just got a fresh new look + new and improved content including a brand new Blazor course! Check it out at https://learn.telerik.com/.

Rob A.
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Veteran
answered on 23 Oct 2020, 12:42 AM

See my other post here.  That seemed to resolve this problem also.

Cheers, Rob.

Vesko
Telerik team
answered on 27 Oct 2020, 01:43 PM

Hello Rob,

I am glad to hear that you have resolved the issue on your side. Please, let me know if the same problem arise again.

Regards,
Vesko
Progress Telerik

Virtual Classroom, the free self-paced technical training that gets you up to speed with Telerik and Kendo UI products quickly just got a fresh new look + new and improved content including a brand new Blazor course! Check it out at https://learn.telerik.com/.

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Rob A.
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Veteran
Answers by
Vesko
Telerik team