This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Updated kendo-ui.d.ts for 2016.3.914 build

6 Answers 189 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Marc
Top achievements
Rank 1
Marc asked on 19 Sep 2016, 03:20 PM

I noticed that the Release 3 of Kendo UI Professional was published last week.  When will the corresponding update to the kendo-ui.d.ts be made available?

I would like to adapt some of the new features (Dialogs), but I'm using Typescript so I need to have the updated definitions.

Thanks

marc

6 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Marc
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Sep 2016, 03:22 PM

I also need the corresponding NuGet package made available.

Thanks

marc

Stefan
Telerik team
answered on 21 Sep 2016, 12:39 PM
Hello Marc,

I can assume that your question is connected to the kendo-ui.d.ts file which is distributed from DefinitelyTyped. If my assumption is correct the Kendo UI team has sent the new definitions to the DefinitelyTyped team, but it is up to them to update it.

https://github.com/DefinitelyTyped/DefinitelyTyped/tree/master/kendo-ui

I can suggest using the TypeScript definitions which are accessible from your account. They are up to date. The same is applicable for the NuGet packages.

Regards,
Stefan
Telerik by Progress

Get started with Kendo UI in days. Online training courses help you quickly implement components into your apps.

Marc
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Sep 2016, 04:53 PM

Hi Stefan,

Thank you for your response.

When I look at the Kendo UI Downloads, via my account page, I don't see the kendo-ui.d.ts file.

I have attached an image of exactly what I'm seeing.

Where can I find the kendo-ui.d.ts file in the secure account area?

Thanks

marc

Stefan
Telerik team
answered on 23 Sep 2016, 06:30 AM
Hello Marc,

The kendo-ui.d.ts file is only distributed by DefinitelyTyped.

From your account, you will receive the following ts files which are including all of the TypeScript definitions:

- kendo.all.d.ts
- kendo.dataviz.d.ts
- kendo.mobile.d.ts
- kendo.web.d.ts

Path to the folder: ..\telerik.kendoui.professional.(Kendo UI version).commercial\typescript

Regards,
Stefan
Telerik by Progress

Get started with Kendo UI in days. Online training courses help you quickly implement components into your apps.

Marc
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 Sep 2016, 01:11 PM

Hi Stefan:

So I need to download the ZIP or MSI file to get the typescript files.

Can I ask why the Typescript files are not included in the NuPak file?

Thanks

marc

Stefan
Telerik team
answered on 27 Sep 2016, 08:40 AM
Hello Marc,

As stated in our documentation the Kendo UI TypeScript definitions are available on https://www.nuget.org/ as kendo-ui.TypeScript.DefinitelyTyped. The package is maintained via the DefinitelyTyped project. I tested it and the new version 2016.3.914 is already added, it was added on 23-Sep-2016:

http://docs.telerik.com/kendo-ui/third-party/typescript#as-nuget-package

Please have in mind that the package kendo-ui.TypeScript.DefinitelyTyped which is maintained from DefinitelyTyped is usually taking around a week to be published .

All of the Kendo UI files are immediately available in the ZIP file which can be downloaded from your account.

Regards,
Stefan
Telerik by Progress

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Marc
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Marc
Top achievements
Rank 1
Stefan
Telerik team