Hi Sebastian Talamoni,
Unfortunately I could not reproduce your case with the instructions provided, although I will try a couple of other things next. My only suggestion right now would be to manually uninstall the Q3 2008 release.
I tried to use CCleaner to remove the windows installer entry, but I got an error, so I used the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility, which can be downloaded from here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301
To uninstall the Q3 2008 release manually you should do the following:
- Use cleanup utility to remove the Telerik Q3 2008 windows installer entry
- Remove all Telerik.WinControls* assemblies from GAC
- Remove VS2005PUBASM and VS2005INSTALLDIR folders from c:\ (or the drive where you installed the product)
- From C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies remove all Telerik.WinControls* files
- Remove the C:\Program Files\Telerik\RadControls for WinForms Q3 2008 folder (or the folder where you installed the product)
- Remove the product entry from windows start menu
This should help you get rid of the Q3 installation and install Q1 2009.
the Telerik team
, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.