This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

TypeScript definition file Q3 2014 SP1

1 Answer 31 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Sean
Top achievements
Rank 1
Sean asked on 03 Feb 2015, 10:30 PM
I am trying to upgrade my project from using Kendo UI Professional Q3 2014 to Q3 2014 SP1.  Once I upgraded, I started getting some compilation errors in my TypeScript files.  The type definition file (kendo.web.d.ts) has changed which is causing errors in my code.

For example:
  1. kendo.bind() used to have an optional 3rd parameter "namespace", but in the latest version this parameter is no longer optional and is now required.
  2. kendo.toString() used to only take two parameters, now there is a third (required) parameter "culture"

Those are the items that I have found using a simple test project that has some basic kendo controls, but I am worried that there may be more issues that I would find if I attempted to update a bigger/more complex project.

Since this is a service pack release (SP1), I would assume that there would not be changes to the method signatures.  Was this just an oversight in the Type Definition file?  Or should we be prepared for interface to change even in service pack releases? 

If this was just an oversight, can someone from Telerik provide the corrected type definition file?

Thanks,
Sean

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
T. Tsonev
Telerik team
answered on 05 Feb 2015, 02:37 PM
Hello,

That was definitely an oversight. It occurred as a result of build process tweaks, not by changes to the actual methods.
The hotfix builds have this fixed starting from version 2014.3.1323 and later.

Apologies for the caused inconvenience.

Regards,
T. Tsonev
Telerik

Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Sean
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
T. Tsonev
Telerik team
Share this question
or