This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Typescript 3.9.x does not work with Kendo-UI 2020.2.617

8 Answers 214 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Software
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
Software asked on 01 Jul 2020, 08:54 AM

Dear progress folks,

since we are currently updating our software product to the newest typescript version and also updating all our libraries we encountered the following:

Typescript 3.9.x does not work with Kendo-UI 2020.2.617. To get things to work we use TS 3.8.x.

I know TS 3.9 released in May and Kendo-UI 2020.2.x released in February where TS 3.8 was also released.

I just want to let you know. Also I want to know what your strategy regarding the minor releases of TS is. Which versions do you plan to support?

Here also some details what did not work (Chrome browser version: 83):

No exception was thrown.Chart is displayed with axes as configured. However, if we retrieve data via a datasource binding the curves were not displayed.

BR

8 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Nencho
Telerik team
answered on 03 Jul 2020, 06:41 AM

Hello,

Could you please specify what exactly is not working when you use Typescript 3.9. Generally, the typescript definitions should have no issues, as long as the project where you use them is successfully build. That said no specific alignment or strategy from our side is applied against versioning of the TS. We do listen closely for reports and specific cases, as this might be the only aspect if something's wrong with the definitions.

As for the Chart, the typescript definition should not affect the behavior of the component in such a manner. That said, and having in mind the above-mentioned issue with the TS and Kendo, I would like to ask you to provide us with a runnable example where those issues reside. This way, we can inspect the entire implementation and pin down the reason for the issue.

Regards,

Nencho
Progress Telerik

Progress is here for your business, like always. Read more about the measures we are taking to ensure business continuity and help fight the COVID-19 pandemic.
Our thoughts here at Progress are with those affected by the outbreak.
Software
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
answered on 09 Jul 2020, 11:32 AM

Hi Nencho

What not worked i described:

[quote] Here also some details what did not work (Chrome browser version: 83):
No exception was thrown.Chart is displayed with axes as configured. However, if we retrieve data via a datasource binding the curves were not displayed.[/quote]

There are no problems with TS definitions and no problems with compiling our TS code.

Regarding the example: since we now use TS 3.8 and the chart is working a further investigation from my side is no longer needed.
I just wanted to let you know.

BR

Rivkah
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 Jul 2020, 05:58 PM

any update?

looks like its related to https://github.com/microsoft/TypeScript/pull/32264

Nencho
Telerik team
answered on 30 Jul 2020, 04:58 AM

Hello, Rivkah,

As mentioned, we were not able to replicate any issue in the given context with the Charts. That said, could you specify if you are experiencing any particular problem and how it might be associated with the PR that you referenced?

Thank you in advance!

Regards,
Nencho
Progress Telerik

Marco
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
answered on 24 Aug 2020, 06:36 AM

Hello,

I can confirm what Software is telling. There is a breaking change that comes with TypeScript 3.9: Getters/Setters are No Longer Enumerable.

I'm binding objects which solely expose getters and setters.The objects are not displayed by the kendo ui grid for example. TypeScript 3.8.3 works fine, TypeScript 3.9 gives following error in console:

Uncaught (in promise) ReferenceError: BaringsconsultId is not defined<br>    at eval (eval at compile (kendo.core.min.js:25), <anonymous>:3:803)<br>    at VrumunGrid._rowsHtml (kendo.grid.min.js:29)<br>    at VrumunGrid._renderContent (kendo.grid.min.js:29)<br>    at VrumunGrid.refresh (kendo.grid.min.js:29)<br>    at init.d (jquery.min.js:2)<br>    at init.trigger (kendo.core.min.js:25)<br>    at init._process (kendo.data.min.js:26)<br>    at init.success (kendo.data.min.js:26)<br>    at Object.success (kendo.data.min.js:26)<br>    at KaartBaringsconsult.<anonymous> (kaart.baringsconsult.js:472)

Nencho
Telerik team
answered on 26 Aug 2020, 06:57 AM

Hello, Marco,

Thank you for the report, we are currently revising it, and will update you in the thread once we have further information on the matter.

Regards,
Nencho
Progress Telerik

Five days of Blazor, Angular, React, and Xamarin experts live-coding on twitch.tv/CodeItLive , special prizes and more, for FREE?! Register now for DevReach 2.0(20).

Nencho
Telerik team
answered on 15 Oct 2020, 11:06 AM

Hello, Marco,

Thank you for your patience. 

We identified the reason and already submitted a bugfix. The fix should be available with our upcoming SP, scheduled for next week - 21-Oct.

Here's the bug on the matter:

https://github.com/telerik/kendo-ui-core/issues/5973

Hope this would help.

Regards,
Nencho
Progress Telerik

Five days of Blazor, Angular, React, and Xamarin experts live-coding on twitch.tv/CodeItLive, special prizes, and more, for FREE?! Register now for DevReach 2.0(20).

Marco
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
answered on 21 Oct 2020, 12:18 PM

Hello Nencho,

Bug is fixed with the latest SP, thanks!

Kind Regards,

Marco

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Software
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
Answers by
Nencho
Telerik team