This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

TreeView seems broken in v2019.1.116.1

1 Answer 48 Views
TreeView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Martin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Martin asked on 30 Jan 2019, 02:48 PM
Hello all together,

I'm having TreeView issues after updating to Xamarin UI v2019.1.116.1. When expanding or collapsing an item, the TreeView is flickering and the vertical scrolling seems to jump around. I also have the feeling that subitems get mixed up between parents. After several expands and collapses of different items, a parent item may get stuck. The ExpandCollapseIndicator then shows expanded (arrow down), the TreeViewDataItem.IsExpanded property stands on "true", but on the UI no subitems are shown under the parent. Also the vertical scollbar may get stuck, and scrolling is not possbile anymore.

After investigating my code for hours now, I downgraded to Xamarin UI v2018.3.1018.1 and the TreeView behaves accurate again. I then upgraded to v2019.1.116.1 again, and the TreeView is messy again as described above.

Could this be the same error like

https://www.telerik.com/forums/raddatagrid-flickering-issue
https://feedback.telerik.com/xamarin/1366545-datagrid-beginedit-is-called-when-double-tap-on-the-templatecolumn

which is also pending for rectification, because it is still there (without workaround).

Testet on Android 8.1.0 and iOS 12.1.3.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Martin

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Yana
Telerik team
answered on 04 Feb 2019, 09:23 AM
Hello Martin,

I am sorry to hear you're experiencing such issues after upgrading to R1 2019 release.

The mentioned issues for RadDataGrid does not seem related to the behavior you've described in RadTreeView.  So, I'd ask you if it is possible, to elaborate more on the exact setup you have regarding the TreeView. We'd need to reproduce it at our side in order to investigate it further.

I am looking forward to your reply.

Regards,
Yana
Progress Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
TreeView
Asked by
Martin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Yana
Telerik team
Share this question
or