This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Treeview Lazy Load performance in 2015Q3

3 Answers 118 Views
Treeview
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
erwin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
Iron
erwin asked on 30 Sep 2015, 03:48 PM

Hi,

The Release Notes of 2015Q3 state that the drawing performance has improved for large trees. In my application I find that the redraw performance is substantially worse in this release than it was in earlier releases. Especially closing/opening nodes that are already loaded into memory (via NodesNeeded / Lazy loading) seem to perform worse than before. What's your experience with Tree Loading performance in 2015Q3?

Regards

Erwin

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
erwin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
Iron
answered on 30 Sep 2015, 04:13 PM
Correction, it seems to be the initial load via NodesNeeded that is substantially slower. I have an example Tree that loads more than 50'000 nodes through the NodesNeeded event. On 2015Q2SP1 it takes about 15 seconds to load and display the nodes On 2015Q3 it takes more than 3 minutes.
Hristo
Telerik team
answered on 01 Oct 2015, 11:13 AM
Hello Erwin,

Thank you for writing.

I created a sample application in which based on the provided information about your scenario I tested how RadTreeView performed with loading data on demand. I did not observe any issues, actually compared to our previous release the performance has improved significantly. 

My tests handle loading of 100 000 items when a node is about to be expanded. For reference, I am sending you attached my sample project as well as a gif file showing how the tree behaved on my end. In order to further investigate what might be causing the reported delay in your application, I am going to need your project. This way could debug it and get an understanding of your local setup. 

Since file attachments other than images are not allowed in forum posts, you can send me the project in the support ticket you have also opened regarding this same topic.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Hristo Merdjanov
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
erwin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
Iron
answered on 05 Oct 2015, 06:31 PM

if you experience the same problem see: 

http://feedback.telerik.com/Project/154/Feedback/Details/171207-fix-radtreeview-when-lazymode-is-set-to-true-and-accessibility-settings-are-en

thanks to hristo for the problem analysis and workaround.

Tags
Treeview
Asked by
erwin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
Iron
Answers by
erwin
Top achievements
Rank 1