This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

TreeView edit mode not canceled when focus is lost

5 Answers 49 Views
TreeView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Lauren Nickerson
Top achievements
Rank 1
Lauren Nickerson asked on 02 Jun 2010, 08:03 PM
Basically, a RadTreeViewItem goes to edit mode, then I click on any other button, label, textbox (outside the tree of course) and the edit mode is not cancelled. Is there a property to allow this or an alternative solution? Let me know.

Here's a video to illustrate my point:

Thanks!

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Vladislav
Telerik team
answered on 04 Jun 2010, 03:20 PM
Hello Lauren Nickerson,

Thank you for this report.
We have logged this issue in our bug tracking system and will consider fixing it.
The issue should appear in our PITS application within the next 24 hours under the name: "The edit mode of a RadTreeViewItem is not cancelled on lost focus." You can track its progress and vote for it there.

Your Telerik points are updated according your report.

Kind regards,
Vladislav
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Jason D
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
answered on 21 Jul 2020, 01:40 PM

What's the status on this? It's been 10 years and the issue still exists. I could not find the issue listed in the Feedback portal. See also:

https://www.telerik.com/forums/edit-mode-not-cancelled-when-clicking-on-other-controls

Vladimir Stoyanov
Telerik team
answered on 24 Jul 2020, 08:15 AM

Hello Jason,

I tested this scenario in a sample project on my end, however the treeview items go out of edit mode. That is why I am attaching the sample project that I used for testing. I used the TextBox element to lose focus. Can you check it out and see how it differs from the setup on your end? 

If your scenario is different, may I ask you to modify the sample project in order to demonstrate it and send it back in a new support ticket (since project files cannot be added to forum posts)? Alternatively, you can also share a sample project of your own. 

This will hopefully allow us to replicate the same behavior and investigate it. 

Regards,
Vladimir Stoyanov
Progress Telerik

Jason D
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
answered on 24 Jul 2020, 01:59 PM

After more testing, I think my issue is related more to a different thread. The problem for me occurs when clicking on a toolbar while in edit mode. I currently hacked it by disabling the edit mode in the viewmodel when the value is changed. The order of events appears to be:

Edit
Click toolbar button
Text is set to new value
I turn off edit mode
Text is set to old value

And then there's the mess of the Preview edit event not actually firing until after the edit. That's another old thread. Anyway, I have something that seems to be working for now.

Vladimir Stoyanov
Telerik team
answered on 29 Jul 2020, 08:48 AM

Hello Jason,

I am glad to hear that you have managed to achieve the desired behavior. 

Of course, don't hesitate to contact us again, if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Vladimir Stoyanov
Progress Telerik

Tags
TreeView
Asked by
Lauren Nickerson
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Vladislav
Telerik team