This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

TreeView and signalr

2 Answers 68 Views
TreeView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Mark asked on 09 Apr 2015, 08:31 PM

I'm trying to convert an existing TreeView that works with ajax/webapi, working with signalR and can't figure out how the requests for children are passed to the hub.

The datasource loads the root level fine by calling the read method without parameters, however the read method with the parent node ID parameter never gets called for child nodes.

I have set loadOnDemand to false and I can see multiple requests being made to the hub which appear to match the root nodes with children but get the following error:

signalR: treehub.read failed to execute. Error: There was an error invoking Hub method 'treehub.read'.

Has anyone got a working TreeView/signalr example or knw how to get lower level debug info.

Thanks

Mark

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Alex Gyoshev
Telerik team
answered on 13 Apr 2015, 11:06 AM

Hello Mark,

I'm afraid that we don't have an official example of a TreeView that is bound to SignalR, but would gladly help if you share your progress so far in a runnable sample, so that we can investigate the issue.

Regards,
Alex Gyoshev
Telerik

Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!

Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Apr 2015, 09:17 AM

Hi Alex

Having identified a number of limitations with the SignalR datasource implementation, such as not being able to serialize grid options to save state, the need to use DynamicLinq for filtering etc, I've decided not to waste anymore time on this one.

Thanks

Mark

Tags
TreeView
Asked by
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Alex Gyoshev
Telerik team
Mark