We have implemented in grid a conditional filter using 'filterMenuOpen' and 'filter' events of the grid. And it works.
Now we have a page where a hierarchy data needs to be display and must have the same look and feel as the grid, hence the conditional filtering. In order to do this we have modified the treelist in order to have the 'filterMenuOpen' and 'filter' events on tree adapting the code from grid.
We also handled the filter open like in the thread http://www.telerik.com/forums/cascade-filter-using-ajax-binding
But we have found that setting the filter on treelist does not work in the same way as it does for grid:
1. We have a table with Id, MainField, SubField, ParentId => the data is displayed in the treelist correctly
(The SubField has to have the source dynamic based on the MainField selected)
2. Select a filter on MainField => the data is filtered correctly
3. Select a filter on SubField => The datasource of SubField it is correct based on the selected MainField filter value and the filter is done correctly
4. Change the MainField filter and select another value (we have to remove the SubField filter) =>
The TreeList displays changes multiple times and the last one is not the correct one (It displays the same data as the first filter at point 2)
1. Is there a way to make the filter functionality work like in grid?
2. Is there a plan to soon release a new version to make the treelist have the same functionality as the grid? If not can we still hope there will be one :D
3. Is there a solution to implement the hierarchy in the grid?
PS: Because we are using MVC and should have the same filtering as the grid we had to attach to the framework the same functionality (as in grid) already supported by the filter (kendoFilterMenu) in treelist.