This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

TreeGrid

3 Answers 352 Views
GridView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
sheridan
Top achievements
Rank 1
sheridan asked on 28 Dec 2007, 02:46 PM
Hi,
is it possible to use GridView as a kind of "treegrid"? I don't mean hierarchical grid with new separate grid for each level or gridview with automatically added group rows. I think something like editable multicolumn treeview. I'm deciding between componenone and telerik and in componentone gridview is this possible. But I can't find how to solve it in the telerik gridview.

Thanx

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Mike
Telerik team
answered on 02 Jan 2008, 10:01 AM
Hi Sheridan,

Thank you for writing.

As this feature is not currently available in RadGridView for WinForms, we are eager to introduce it soon. In the meanwhile, please share with us any ideas and expectations you have about this functionality. Also, will be very glad if you tell us about any other features you wish to see in RadGridView soon.

Please contact us again with any other questions you have.

Regards,
Mike
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
Eric
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Jul 2009, 12:30 PM
Hi,
we are now on July 2009 and I don`t see any TreeGrid feature in your Windows Form package. You said that we were eager to introduce it soon...(It was on January 2008) 

I am also looking at a library that will give me this feature. Can you give me more details of your future plans on this please?
Nick
Telerik team
answered on 21 Jul 2009, 08:27 AM
Hi Eric,

Thank you for contacting us and your interest in our controls.

Currently we cannot provide such a control or at least not in the short run. You are one of the few to request it, and we have to concentrate our efforts on the controls which our customers consider most important. In this regard, we have an entirely new RadDock component and RadForm as well we work hard on addressing bugs in general and updating the documentation.

Thank you again for your feedback. We will definitely have this control in mind when we plan our future development.

Regards,
Nick
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
Tags
GridView
Asked by
sheridan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Mike
Telerik team
Eric
Top achievements
Rank 1