This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Themebuilder for Kendo 2017 Q1

2 Answers 36 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Paul
Top achievements
Rank 1
Paul asked on 24 Apr 2017, 09:59 AM

Hi there,

I am running into issues attempting to generate a custom theme using the Kendo UI Themebuilder - http://demos.telerik.com/kendo-ui/themebuilder/

We have recently upgraded to Kendo Q1 2017. We still had a custom theme in place which was built in an earlier version of Kendo. Due to the change in approach to icons (http://docs.telerik.com/kendo-ui/backwards-compatibility/2017-backward-compatibility), I expected to have to rebuild the theme. We are using Metro as the theme base.

However, when I've done this using the themebuilder, the downloaded CSS file appears to be very different from what I would expect - it still has references to the sprite.png file. This is leading to both approaches being applied - the k-icon class applies a sprite image, and the new approach applies an icon.

I then ran the themebuilder and just downloaded an unmodified version of the Metro theme and compared that to the theme shipped in 2017.1.223 - again, the same differences were present and we ended up with both images applied.

Am I doing something wrong here or is there an issue - it seems to be the themebuilder is not able to produce CSS compliant with Q1 2017?

Thanks,

Paul McKay

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Alex Gyoshev
Telerik team
answered on 26 Apr 2017, 02:08 PM
Hello Paul,

Thank you for reporting this. It appears that the themebuilder is not updated with the Q1 theme templates. We are currently looking into the issue and will follow up once more information becomes available.

Regards,
Alex Gyoshev
Telerik by Progress
Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular 2 components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
Alex Gyoshev
Telerik team
answered on 18 May 2017, 08:00 AM
Hello Paul,

The issue is logged in the Kendo UI issue tracker, where its status can be tracked.

Regards,
Alex Gyoshev
Telerik by Progress
Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular 2 components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Paul
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Alex Gyoshev
Telerik team
Share this question
or