This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

The source of the report definition has not been specified

1 Answer 78 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Jon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Jon asked on 27 Mar 2015, 09:03 AM
Hi

Previously I had this (The source of the report definition has not been specified) error when accessing the report on a page however recently I have had it when looking at the report preview.

Creating a blank test project all was OK on a basic report simply showing a barcode.  So I started to match it with my live site and on the second change managed to replicate the issue.  My live site is set to compile for x64.  The test site is set to AnyCpu, switching that to x64 caused the report preview to fail and display the "The source of the report definition has not been specified". Reverting to back AnyCPU and it worked.

I assume that this is a bug...

Regards

Jon

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Stef
Telerik team
answered on 01 Apr 2015, 07:29 AM
Hi Jon,

Telerik Reporting assemblies are built with AnyCPU target platform. Thus you can use x64 build configuration.

The problem in the case most probably is caused by:
  1. Referenced assembly targeting x86;
  2. Improper setting of the application pool. Test using local IIS and an application pool with turned off/on 'Enable 32-bit Applications'.

If you need further help, please open a support ticket and send us a demo project to check its settings, and details about the IIS settings.

Regards,
Stef
Telerik

See What's Next in App Development. Register for TelerikNEXT.

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Jon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Stef
Telerik team
Share this question
or