This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Test Studio plugin for Visual Studio 2012

4 Answers 192 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Jon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Jon asked on 29 Jun 2013, 02:59 PM
I have a licensed copy of the Telerik Test studio software  that I understan comes with the Visual Studio plugin. After I installed the lastest version of Test Studio 2012.2.1527 I was hoping to start using the VS plugin feature. I had VS 2012 installed before I updated the Test studio software, however when I go to the Telerik menu dropdown and choose to open a new test project, there is no Telerik section in the tree view to the left, and when I search for telerik from this window there is no options that come up. I'm assuming I'm just missing a step, or did not install something correctly. I found video walkthroughs, and pdf documentation on how to start using the Telerik VS plugin, but these all show items I can not find (other that the dropdown menu at the top of my Visual Studio 2012 software main screen) and are shown in the previous version of the VS softare (2010). Can I get some direction?

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Mario
Telerik team
answered on 01 Jul 2013, 05:20 PM
Hi Jon,

Thank you for contacting Telerik Support.

Please confirm the presence of a VS 2012 plugin component of Test Studio on your machine by once again running the (2012.2.1527) installer -> Next -> select 'Change' -> compare 'Visual Studio 2012' component to attached image. If it is not installed (red X), please add it and continue the installation process. If the option is not present at all, then cancel and launch VS to confirm whether your installation of VS 2012 meets the necessary requirements (note that only Ultimate, Premium, and Professional editions allow extensions/plugins and are compatible).

If neither of my suggestions help, provide a screenshot of the information seen in your Help -> About Microsoft Visual Studio (in VS 2012) window.

Regards,
Mario
Telerik
Quickly become an expert in Test Studio, check out our new training sessions!
Test Studio Trainings
Monica
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Jul 2013, 02:13 PM
Hi Mario,

I have the VS2010 and VS2012 on my machine, but I can only see Telerik plugin on VS2010.
I have checked the installation and I have 2012 option, I attach my about screen for you to check it.
Can you help me, please?

Thank you.
Mónica
Mario
Telerik team
answered on 23 Jul 2013, 04:58 PM
Hello Monica,

This is quite interesting because it appears that the Test Studio plug-in is in fact installed (see attached highlights from your screenshot), however the menu bar itself is missing. I would first like you to try and manually add this menu and associated buttons through the Customize menu options in VS 2012, please refer to attached video but ignore the first part where I remove my already existing menu. If this approach doesn't help (eg. the Telerik command options are not available), then please attempt a full uninstall/re-install of Test Studio while creating an installation log. Please zip and attach this log to the ticket.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Regards,
Mario
Telerik
Quickly become an expert in Test Studio, check out our new training sessions!
Test Studio Trainings
Monica
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Aug 2013, 07:25 AM
Hello Mario,

Thank you for your reply.
I followed your vídeo to customize the menu and add the Telerik entry, but it didn't work, the Telerik wasn't available on the Categories.
The next step, was to reinstall TestStudio, and now everything is working I have the Telerik entry on the menu.

Best regards,
Mónica
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Jon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Mario
Telerik team
Monica