1 Answer 139 Views
General Discussions
Keith
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Veteran
Keith asked on 09 Jul 2022, 11:31 PM

I was noticing that there is not a  VS Extensions for 2022 for the product set WinUI 2.X in my Progress folders.  And I'm not sure what this means.  

As you can see I have the templates for WinUI.  What am I missing?

Sincerely,
Keith Nicholson

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Nikola
Telerik team
answered on 13 Jul 2022, 10:22 AM

Hello Keith,

The prerequisites for the Telerik UI for WinUI Visual Studio integration are as follows:

• Universal Windows Platform tools component group
  • C++ (v142) Universal Windows Platform Tools component group
  • Text Template Transformation component

If one of these is missing the whole feature will be disabled as seen in the image you provided. What I could suggest is to install the extension separately through the Visual Studio Marketplace accessible through the Extensions > Manage Extensions menu. This way the VSIX Installer will ensure all prerequisites are installed.

Please try that and let us know whether the installation was successful.

Regards,
Nikola
Progress Telerik

Virtual Classroom, the free self-paced technical training that gets you up to speed with Telerik and Kendo UI products quickly just got a fresh new look + new and improved content including a brand new Blazor course! Check it out at https://learn.telerik.com/.

William
Top achievements
Rank 1
commented on 05 Apr 2023, 05:28 PM

I also had this issue and had to go to the marketplace to download. I have the prerequisites, but it did not detect them correctly apparently. 
Nikola
Telerik team
commented on 07 Apr 2023, 02:39 PM

Hello William,

I am glad you were able to resolve the issue.

If possible could you please share if there was something listed as missing when you installed the extension through the Marketplace? Sometimes component IDs change and we may need to update what we have listed currently, so could you please share which version of Visual Studio 2022 you are running?

Thank you in advance.

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Keith
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Veteran
Answers by
Nikola
Telerik team