This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Telerik Reporting Q2 2010 Setup Wizard ended prematurely

5 Answers 274 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Morten Louw
Top achievements
Rank 1
Morten Louw asked on 11 Sep 2010, 10:37 AM

Hi,

I am trying to install Q2 2010 of the Reporting on a xp development environment with VS2010.
When I run the msi-file, I get this message. "Telerik Report Q2 2010 Setup Wizard ended prematurely". Then I can close the Finish-button.

When I look at the eventlog I can see this error message:

Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: Telerik Reporting Q2 2010. Product Version: 4.1. Product Language: 1033. Installation success or error status: 1603.

The installer works fine in other environments. So, the file isn't corrupt....

Hope for some help.

Kind regards,
Morten :)

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 13 Sep 2010, 01:48 PM
Hi Morten,

If you have verified that the file is not corrupt, then we would like a copy of the installer's log file. The easiest way to do this is to launch the installer from the command line via:

msiexec -i path_to\Telerik_Reporting_Q2_2010_DEV.msi -l*xv install.log

Once you have it, please provide a link to it (you can use a public free file hosting service such as www.dropbox.com , skydrive.live.com etc., so we can review it) or open a support ticket and attach it in it.

On a side note, make sure you have .NET 2.0 or 3.5 installed on the machine as it is required by some custom actions of the installer.

Kind regards,
Steve
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Mike
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 28 Sep 2010, 09:52 PM
Hello,

Is there a resolution to this issue?  I believe I am having the same or a similiar problem installing Telerik Reporting Q2 2010 as well.

Here is my install.log file:
http://cid-bca400afce5c4ce7.office.live.com/self.aspx/Public/install.zip

I'm running 32bit Windows Vista SP2 with 4 GB RAM.  I've verified I have the versions of the .NET Framework installed. If it helps, SQL Server 2008 is installed and the service is running.  I'm relatively certain the .MSI file is not corrupt as it works in other environments as well.

The event log says:

Windows Installer reconfigured the product. Product Name: Telerik Reporting Q2 2010. Product Version: 4.1. Product Language: 1033. Reconfiguration success or error status: 1603.

I already have the Visual Studio 2010 components installed; I am trying to add the Visual Studio 2008 components.

Morten Louw
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 Sep 2010, 07:51 AM
Hi Mike,

Sorry, but I changed my project, so that I didn't have to use telerik reporting on the XP environment.

I hope the Telerik Team will help you with this.

Kind regards,
Morten
Hrisi
Telerik team
answered on 01 Oct 2010, 12:03 PM
Hi Mike,

The problem we see in your installation is SQL Server configuration. Please, make sure that the SQL Server Browser service is running (see sqlserverbrowser.png). If this service is running, the Examples feature will be selected for installation automatically. I think this will help you to continue the installation.

However, if the installation still does not succeed, please, send us the new installation.log

Greetings,
Hrisi
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Mike
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Oct 2010, 08:50 PM
Hrisi and Morton,

Thank you both very much.  That did the trick!

-Michael.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Morten Louw
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Steve
Telerik team
Mike
Top achievements