This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Telerik/Kendo VS 2012 Installer

1 Answer 272 Views
Installer and VS Extensions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Jonathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Jonathan asked on 07 Aug 2013, 10:29 AM
Hi,

I have just installed the Kendo UI for ASP.NET MVC extensions into my VS 2012 and have a small issue.  It seems in general to have installed ok but when I try to create a Kendo project and I'm shown the Project Configuration Wizard, the drop down box directly underneath the Kendo UI for ASP.NET MVC Project Settings title is empty.  When I click on the download button I get a dialogue box saying "Error retrieving latest version information. Please, try again or contact the Telerik team."

Have I done something wrong?  I'm a bit of a newb at this so any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Jonathan.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Vesko
Telerik team
answered on 09 Aug 2013, 10:46 AM
Hi Jonathan,

I am sorry for the late replay.

Could you give it another try? If it still doesn't work I recommend you to use the offline installer to install Kendo UI for ASP.NET MVC. Here are the steps to download it:
  1. Log into your Telerik account.
  2. Under the "Products & Subscriptions" menu select you subscription (DevCraft Complete).
  3. Click on Download ("Download Installer and other resources").
  4. Find Kendo UI Complete for ASP.NET MVCand select "Browse all product files"
  5. Select "Automatic Installation" to download the MSI installer.

The installer will deploy the Kendo distribution in your computer and it will be available in the dropdown of the Project Configuration Wizard.

You can also use the Control Panel (our web installer) which is a great tool for managing all of you products. Follow the link below to download it:

http://www.telerik.com/account/

Please let me know if that helps

Regards,

Vesko
Telerik
Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!
Tags
Installer and VS Extensions
Asked by
Jonathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Vesko
Telerik team
Share this question
or